What multiplayer mode are you most looking foward to?

In PTW, what multiplayer mode are you most looking forward to?

• Classic turn-based

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Play-by-email

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Hotseat

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Simultaneous

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Turnless

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I'm not going to play multiplayer

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
I want to play hotseat, my connection sucks

Simultaneous. Even though it could be VERY buggy, if Firaxis does it right, it will be awesome.

I don't trust turnless, for some reason. I just have an intuition. The idea of taking a turn-based game and making it turnless seems potentially disasterous to me. I don't think PBEM will catch on, b/c no one wants to email someone a thousand times. I don't think hotseat will ever catch on.

I won't play multi that much, stick to SGs.:p Why? I can play 5 SGs at the same time, only devoted maybe 15 minutes to each. But multiplayer, that is a two, three hour commitment, even with turnless.

What I want is classic multiplayer, only with people who have the same schedule as me, so we can all play half-an-hour a day. Of course, that will never happen.

CG

I can't imagine myself enjoying playing human. One thing that make civ's game so good is because it is turn based. How can I play a turn based with 16 humans?

Hotseat. Then I can pratice tactics against myself. :)

BTW, PBEM is done (sort of) in Succession Games.

does anyone actually play with 16 comps :eek: i never do i only started playing qith more than 4 int he last few weeks when you get to many its to hard to keep up with diplmacy and tech selling/buying plus remember theres always accelerated production and if its on a smaller mapw ith 3-4 players it aint gonna take 3 hours to finish the game :) not to mention i'm looking forward to playing network games with my little bro. so ya i'm looking forward to it all

PBEM. Allows me to actually get back to work, but still enjoy the pleasures of MP civ. Plus, removes the tiresome issue of having to stay glued to your desk.

PBEM. Only to have it out with my regular SG comrades - something about challenges.... :mischief:

Hotseat? Nay, no one to play it with. No fun if you can see all their moves.

Turnless, simultaneous? Too long for each session - I like playing at my own pace.

Play by email will actually probably be the best for me, although I do dread those first few centuries where the turns are short and having to email after watching the worker dig that first road for a few seconds will be a drag. But later in the game, I can't think of another way to be able to coolly play the game the way I am used to and still interact. Of course, with the new modes like Capture the Princess maybe it will be more interesting online...

how exacly does PBEM work? does the game use your email account to send a automatic message to the other player emails or what?

I don't know if anyone knows yet how PBEM works. I hope that they figured out a way to interface the game directly so you aren't having to unzip a game file and load it in yourself every turn. But what are the odds?

I'm definitely looking forward to Hotseat play the most (although the others sound very intriguing). My wife and I are looking forward to finally being able to play in the same game. It's driving me nuts knowing it's so close!

Simultaneous, though Turnless looks promising as well but might be buggy.

And a good chat option.

Top Bottom