What music are you listening to? ΞΕ´ - Xerxes invades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea Wolfe and Emma Ruth Rundle? Yes, please. This just in: Goth's not dead. Reminds me a little of This Mortal Coil.

There's an article in Metal Hammer magazine that uses the term "death gospel." Never heard that before. Must look into this further.

Metal Hammer, 13 Aug 2019 - "Meet the women redefining what it is to be metal"
Metal Hammer said:
Over the past decade, an influx of singer-songwriters has been infiltrating the metal world and reinventing the idea of what constitutes heavy music.

Artists like Chelsea Wolfe, Emma Ruth Rundle, A.A. Williams and Louise Lemón, not to mention Marissa Nadler, Anna von Hausswolff and Nicole Sabouné, are all embracing darkness in a raw, visceral way, pushing boundaries of genre and style.
Metal Hammer said:
"My [debut] EP has been out for just over two months, and only twice has it been compared to a male artist,” says London-based singer A.A. Williams.

“It’s always compared to people like Chelsea Wolfe, Marissa Nadler, Emma Ruth Rundle. And that’s great – they’re fabulous artists. But no one can see past it.

“I’m not pissed off about it,” she says carefully, “but it is frustrating. When I played ArcTanGent festival, there was a sign for my show saying something like, ‘For Fans Of: Neurosis, Isis and Radiohead.’ And I just thought, ‘Thank you!’” she laughs.
Okay, have to look up A.A. Williams now.

And

down

the

rabbit-hole

I go...

Last edited:
If you do not like the way youtube A) requires a phone number to register and B) reduces the quality, what is the best way to share music?

Here is what I am into ATM.

And when darkness becomes the darkest, the light will be the brightest.

Yeah made my eyes get a glimmer of moist.

Especially since I know a little blonde girl just like that.
Who had literally taken my rough insensitive hands in times I barely could feel anything. Making me feel things, just by the touch of her fingers, that seemed from another planet.

"Maw", "Crazy Love", and "Iron Moon", from Abyss.

:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom