What music are you listening to? ΞΕ´ - Xerxes invades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a treat for you, OMD - Maid of Orleans. This time with additional orchestra.

I'm not allowed to show you top notch Norwegian BDSM so top notch Norwegian BM will have to do. This, ladies and gentlemen, is Satyricon:

Some version of this has gotten stuck in my head every spring since primer piano lessons in the late 80s early 90s. Was weird to see it come back under Branagh.

They did it before the Sex Pistols or the Ramones so it has to be good right? Pretty crazy some black guys in detroit matched the punk sound so right and had the opportunity for a record deal but denied it. It's like a hipster dream band. And it really is good, way, way better than most early punk even.

Last edited:
They did it before the Sex Pistols or the Ramones so it has to be good right? Pretty crazy some black guys in detroit matched the punk sound so right and had the opportunity for a record deal but denied it. It's like a hipster dream band. And it really is good, way, way better than most early punk even.
Punk was an evolution more than a revolution, but if I had to point to a "birthplace of punk", it'd be Detroit, from where we got Death, The Stooges and The MC5. The documentary about Death is pretty good, although of course there's not much stuff from the period - I think none of their live performances were recorded - so it's mostly contemporary interviews and such.

I've had this stuck in my head for like 3 days. Now so do you. You're welcome.

I knew the day was destined to come when someone other than me would post a Church song! :D
I still have my vinyl copy of Starfish, although I'm not sure I have anything play it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom