What music are you listening to? #ξβ: Music is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really listening for enjoyment per se but...

I'm a drummer and just got finished transcribing Tool's "Ticks and Leeches" with Guitar Pro, my pad and a lot of slowing down of the track with good headphones. It was really bothering me that there's not one remotely reliable tab or cover of this great song, probably one of the most Nu-metal of Tool's stuff beyond a certain song on Aenema.

John Kew does a really good job as he always does with his stuff with the basic parts of the song but there's a LOT of improvisation going on especially in the more busy parts where other instruments muddy things (bridge at 5:56 which is largely Danny doing his swiss army triplet stuff before exiting into a fill for each pass, and mostly changing fills here and there). To his credit he studies live footage diligently, which isn't always 1:1 with the album stuff. He actually continued some of the tom pattern in the outro always seemed to be overlooked by other drummers, and it *is* there.

I didn't like this when @Takhisis first introduced it, but gosh this is a real high-energy banger

I've been mostly listening to H.P.Lovecraft audiobooks. They help me get to sleep at night.

Well this used well upset people in the pub when it was played on the juke box.
I have it on vinyl

Bought this in 78 but I only really like this track.

I was waiting for Tusk to come out and I was not disappointed at the end of the summer of 79.

I didn't like this when @Takhisis first introduced it, but gosh this is a real high-energy banger
Hey i spent a part of my youth in the last great age of German disco.
And today i get maligned on this board for supposedly being a snob and not appreciating low culture, while the artiste most able to cast my nostalgia into song was, like eight and in Tennessee at the time.
But i suppose that's the way these things go...

In any event:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom