What Music Are You Listening To? #60: Now With 100% More Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Thee Oh Sees. Great band. I'm really impressed, you seem more up to date on what's going on in underground music than most of my 20-something friends who are regularly going to shows :D

What's your favorite Beefheart record? Mine is probably Safe as Milk, can never get enough of Zig Zag Wanderer & Electricity.

One of my favorite recent artists is Dean Blunt. This one from "Stone Island" is a nice play on Stravinsky~

Duo (I think) with Inga Copeland

Love Thee Oh Sees. Great band. I'm really impressed, you seem more up to date on what's going on in underground music than most of my 20-something friends who are regularly going to shows :D

What's your favorite Beefheart record? Mine is probably Safe as Milk, can never get enough of Zig Zag Wanderer & Electricity.

One of my favorite recent artists is Dean Blunt. This one from "Stone Island" is a nice play on Stravinsky~

I love trawling through new bands, which is why I don't have the time for many
of the old ones I listened to 45 years ago.

Clear Spot was great, and "Big-eyed Beans from Venus" is an all-time favourite song.
"Tarotplane", and "Zig-zag Wanderer" are two more. His vocals on "Willie the Pimp"
were perfect for that song.

I imported a copy of Strictly Personal from the US, with special brown paper wrapper,
fake stamps and personalised hand-writing by someone (PR agent?, band members?).
Shame that it disappeared in one of the dozens of moves I made when avoiding child
welfare agencies looking for me back in 1969.

I haven't come across Dean Blunt before. The song Six was splendid; the other one is
far too slow for me these days.

The Lucid Dream - Bad Texan

I'm still a bit shocked that you youngsters know KC or, to be frank, anything from
before you were born. It's like me liking my parents' music, which was mostly
light operas or German Oompah Bands.
(Everyone knows that the Swiss are the kings of Oompah these days :)

The Dead Brothers - Dead Brothers Stomp

The Brian Jonestown Massacre have a lot of tracks I like.
What You Isn't
Anton Newcombe, (who lives in Germany now?) links to a few newish bands that I like.

You can always rely on the French for style. Even their trailer trash look superb!

The Limiñanas - The Train Creep A-Loopin

At an outdoor concert back in the hippy days in Australia, a German guy was very
impressed with the music. He tried to communicate his appreciation, but all I
heard was something that sounded like "Groovische, Nein!".
I thought it was his way of saying "Groovy, no?".
I doubt it means that, or even that I heard it correctly, but I always thought that
it would be a great name for a nine-member German band.

I cannot believe this is written by amateur composer. Tartalo Music from Spain

Little Feat - Apolitical Blues

Whenever I hear the name "George Soros", this earworm awakes...

The 69 Cats - Bela Lugosi's Dead

The greatest (and oldest) rock 'n' roll band in the world. Those guys are between 69-80 years old. Wood the youngest and Wyman the oldest. Unbelievable.

This song has reached twice the number one spot in the Dutch charts, in 1966 and in 1990.

Rolling Stones - 'Paint it black' (Havana moon tour 2016)

Divlje jagode (Tifa) - Divlje jagode

Boogie boogie!

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
Bitter Boogie
Cut Throat Boogie

The greatest (and oldest) rock 'n' roll band in the world. Those guys are between 69-80 years old. Wood the youngest and Wyman the oldest. Unbelievable.

I believe it. Some old people are total weirdos, man. :)

Mae West with Somebody's Chyldren - Shakin' All Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom