What music are you listening to #64: And rock 'n' roll was in his soul, and music was a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonnie is my all-time favourite ! :)

That coffee is 2 hours cold, I've put a cigarette in it ..... :lol:

RIP Frederick "Toots" Hibbert

Something I didn't know until today: Toots & the Maytals' 1968 song "Do the Reggay" is credited with coining the term 'reggae', from which the genre derives its name.

It's nearly a morning here (4:55), but to me it's midnight oil ! :)

Also Johnny B. why can't You see ?

I am sure he sings "Sayonara" !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't figure any lyrics out ! And I'm bumbling and I am screaming ! YEY ! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

This is mesmerizing.

Reminds me a bit of Dead Can Dance.

I was on a French electropop sort of streak, which lead me to discovering Franc Moody (who is not French - they are from London, England)

Can't stop listening to these guys. These catchy and funky Daft Punk inspired synths and melodies are my jam right now

edit: Another one from them

This is a great video, even if you don't like this sort of music:

Last edited:
Bizarre and perfect combination.

Been listening to Phonothek. Ambient instrumentals with a sci-fi theme. Few beats. Melodies hard to grasp, if there even are any. Some voices in the layers, but indistinct, used as instruments, with no discernible lyrics. Pure atmosphere. Dark, but I don't find it gloomy or morose. A soundtrack to a sci-fi movie that you've never seen. They throw in some jazz accents, which gives it kind of a 'future noir' feel, like the Blade Runner scores. I'd never heard of the label, Cryo Chamber, before the other day, but they have a ton of stuff on YouTube (they're on BandCamp too, if you use that). All fantasy, horror and sci-fi themed ambient. Some of it I'm finding very compelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom