What new religion would you want in Civilization 4?

Which new religion would you want?

• Protestantism

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Shiia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zoroastrianism

Votes: 26 36.1%
  • Manicheism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Egyptian Cult of the Dead

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Voodun (Voodoo)

• Mormonism

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Sikhism

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Jainism

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Bahai

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Nahua (Aztec) faith

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Rastafarianism

• Total voters

necrolyte

Warlord
If you would have any new religion in the game, which would it be?

I voted Voodun myself, because its impact is clearly seen in West Africa, Brazil and the Carribean today.

Uh, where is the "none of the above, there's plenty as is" option?

Juche or a general "the state is your God and the Dear Leader if your messiah" kind of religion

Although it's not on the list, my first choice would be Celtic/Germanic religion and my second choice would be Roman/Greek religion.

jainism - one of the popular religion on the list, that's not a branch off or syncretic religion...

Both the Protestant and Mormon religions are forms of Christianity.

What about the Greek/Roman pantheon of gods?

The Greeks and Romans are in the game and their wonders are included too (The Parthenon, The Oracle, The Colossus).

Sikhism is i think the 5th biggest religion, bigger than jewish i think

Sahkuhnder said:
What about the Greek/Roman pantheon of gods?

The Greeks and Romans are in the game and their wonders are included too (The Parthenon, The Oracle, The Colossus).

Agreed on the Greek/Roman gods. Much more deserving than any of the ones on the poll.

none of these heathen religons.

How about logic as a religion. Currently things head that way a bit once you get scientific method, so why not use it from the start.

AlCosta15 said:
I'm sorry, but none of those religions deserve to be in.

Even Zoroastrianism, at one point the primary contender with Christianity, and the faith that shaped Persia and surrounding territories? Or Voodoo, with several million adherents and of all those religions probably the most widespread?

Protestantism and Mormonism are Christian forms, as Shia is a form of Islam. Rastafarai could be argued to be a form of Christianity, and Manicheism could be argued to be a form of Zoroastrianism. Heck, Sikhism is a combination in some sense of Islamic and Hindu beliefs.

jainism - one of the popular religion on the list, that's not a branch off or syncretic religion...

To be fair, Bhuddism, Hinduism, Taoism, Christianity and Confucaism did their fair share of "Syncretising"

deeperthanu said:
none of these heathen religons.

Because? Any logical reason why?

A huge part of the world's population was 'heathen'. Do they not count?

This is a historical based game after all.

Yes, there are enough religions, as mentionned in the manual, 7 is enough, for balance.

But :

Protestantism is part of Christiannity
Shiia is part of Islam I think (I don't know the english words, i'm french..)
Zoro(...) => ?
Manicheism => Is not really a religion.
Egyptian Cult of the Dead => lol (you can't take smth that is only "Egyptian".)
Voodoo => A religion ? maybe..
Mormonism is part of Christiannity
Sikhism => ?
Jainism => ?
others => ?

You have to use more known religions ...
You can use african animist religions...
But Voodoo is maybe the best here.. even if this is better to call it Spirit/Nature/Fetishes/Idols religion..

Adding more religions adds to the number of civs that can found one, changing the balance of the game entirely, especially if, like me, you normally play with all 18 civs on.

I'd imagine the number they have already included was NOT just plucked randomly out of the air...

Top Bottom