• Writing

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Code of Laws

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dreadhead7

Peacemonger
Currently, we are researching Alphabet. What do you think we should research next? The list is taken from the science options for our capital, Olympia. Some techs may or may not be offered as choices one we discover Alphabet, so I'm asking your opinions of the choices that we have presented to us now.

Personally, I'd go for Ceremonial Burial. Barring that, Currency.

Actually, no, I didn't get your PM until a few minutes ago. I saw the screenshot in the General turn info thread, and that is where I got the list that is in this poll. Unless I am totally whacked, the list I saw was this:

1. Ceremonial Burial
2. Currency
3. Pottery
4. Masonry
5. Warrior Code

Those were the choices that I offered in this poll (What Next?). I am not referring to the other poll (Research Goal) anymore.

edit--Let me eplain a little. The other poll (I thought) was for a research goal, which, in my mind, meant what short term research goal were we headed for. In that case, it seemed that we had a short term goal of reaching Monarchy so that we could get to Feudalism, so I was trying to devise a tech path to achieve that aim.
It seems to me that this poll is not about a research goal, but, exactly what tech we should research next, i.e. Ceremonial Burial, and so I did not include all the extraneous stuff, only the techs listed in the screenshot. I hope I'm not confusing you even further than I already have.

No dreadhead7, you're correct, that is what was posted as research options in the General turn info thread. The problem is we have picked from those options and are currently researching Alphabet. Once we get that, then we will have more options to research such as Writing, and these were not included in this poll.

why pottery. i think we should have built at least two settlers in olympia before we start build any wonders. hey, how about a first wonder poll, when we now a little bit more about the area around us?

The Science Department asked me to add some options to the poll. I decided that in light of the options that the poll should be reset. So everyone must re-vote.

Now...about the poll. First order of business is to get to Monarchy. Thus we must research Code of Laws or Ceremonial Burial.

Hmm, I voted before the change, and now can not vote in the new pole.

1 Dangling Chad for Writing!

I prefer Ceremonial Burial to Code of Laws but I have no good reason for it. :)
We won't need a temple in our capital for some time as we can churn out some settlers first, and although we will also need Code of Laws for Monarchy there is no corruption in the capital anyway, and we haven't got a second city yet. There is nothing to choose between the two techs apart from personal preference.

I voted for 'Writing' but I'm quite happy if either 'Ceremonial Burial' or 'Code of Laws' is selected as 'Monarchy' would be a useful aquisition.

Philosophy should be a priority after that, to obtain the free tech - but I'm getting a bit ahead of things.

i voted for cermonial burials before the poll was changed. i can remember that both cermonial burials and pottery had two votes each.

I am for Ceremonial. We want Monarchy, so its a toss up between that and Code, but a temple provides more use should we need it. I realize this chance is slim, but if we need it, we'll want to be able to build it.

Above all, Monarchy!

Top Bottom