what no demographics?

Zalcron

Prince
i have being play civ since the first back 91 and have always liked and used the demographics screen to see where my nation stands against rivals. Unless i am mistaken it is gone! sad dont you all think? now there is no way to know how you are doing exactly.

You can see the score and that is it until the end. After the game you can reload it to show you the graphs of how you did.

This really bugged me, having to releoad a finished game to look at the play history. I couldn't even see an option to bring this up from the (again) simple victory screen

just seems crazy that mid way through a game i have little idea how i compare to my rivals.

Wut wait what where ?

I finished a game last night and didnt see a demographic screen.
Tbh, i feel BE lacks a good amount of stuff (advisors, demographics, independant trade route display access, etc..)

What happended to re-watching the game at the end ?

They will patch it in. There is no other way, they can't get away with that. :lol: It's such an essential part of "civilization".

It honestly feels like they shipped the game and then noticed "oh crap, we forgot to copy and paste a few things!" Then again, I think how could that be? They did have people testing it after all...

I don't know guys but I feel like not having the demographics screen is a good thing, it makes the game more interesting: you can use covert ops establish network to see how good their cities are doing and gain vision of their military units around and keep yourself prepared.
Plus you always have the game score to tell you how well you are doing compared to them, and to get the details you gotta work for them by spying, sending explorers and your gut feeling just like the cold war!

I always found the demographics, while interesting, somewhat immersion-breaking. There's just no way I can know which place I am in Military and other things, so I actually like that they removed the demographics - getting these informations now requires actually gathering them and even then you never get the full picture until the game is over.

It honestly feels like they shipped the game and then noticed "oh crap, we forgot to copy and paste a few things!" Then again, I think how could that be? They did have people testing it after all...
The more benign reading of it would be: "Crap, the screen is bugged and doesn't work for two victory types! We either leave in a buggy screen or cut it as we're going gold tomorrow!"

Time constraints do terrible things to development - and I'm getting the impression that Civ:BE was at least a little bit of a rush job.

For which victory types it doesn't work? So I could avoid it.

There is a bunch of stuff that they hid away for no real reason. Next to the little area where you can click for diplo and quests and what not, there is a little plus sign.

Click it. You'll be amazed that there actually is a economics screen and much more.

No idea why they made this change. But the stuff is all there. Just look for the little plus sign to the left of the area where you bring up quests.

As for the end-game screen, though, they really did remove the post-game stats.

Top Bottom