What of we didn't buy the DLC?

the spain and inca one was like 7 and change. but yeah, they're releasing it because of supply and demand. if nobody wants to buy the dlc packages, they'll give up after awhile. maybe they'll try one last hurrah. but really that's all hypothetical.

I don't spend eight dollars for each meal. And if I did I'd be broke.

I don't get 30 hours of entertainment out of a couple beers or a big mac. I've already got roughly that out of Polynesia.

This is really simple, honestly. If that $5 is going to matter to you, and a new civ isn't worth it, don't buy it. All of the DLC is optional. They're still fully supporting the base game with aggressive, free patching.

the spain and inca one was like 7 and change. but yeah, they're releasing it because of supply and demand. if nobody wants to buy the dlc packages, they'll give up after awhile. maybe they'll try one last hurrah. but really that's all hypothetical.

But nobody wants the DLC; people want patches. Where's the law of supply and demand?

I don't get 30 hours of entertainment out of a couple beers or a big mac. I've already got roughly that out of Polynesia.

This is really simple, honestly. If that $5 is going to matter to you, and a new civ isn't worth it, don't buy it. All of the DLC is optional. They're still fully supporting the base game with aggressive, free patching.
Yes...

In Civilization VI, game features will be DLC

In Civilization VII, patches will be DLC

In Civilization VIII, multiplayer and basic options like changing graphics will be DLC

In Civilization IX, you'll have to buy the game and then buy everything you want (the game comes with literally nothing, you can't play, adjust options, etc).

In Civilization X... Well, you won't have money to buy it, so it doesn't matter.

Ok, I'm exaggerating, but this DLC trend is bad.

Yes...

In Civilization VI, game features will be DLC

In Civilization VII, patches will be DLC

In Civilization VIII, multiplayer and basic options like changing graphics will be DLC

In Civilization IX, you'll have to buy the game and then buy everything you want (the game comes with literally nothing, you can't play, adjust options, etc).

In Civilization X... Well, you won't have money to buy it, so it doesn't matter.

Ok, I'm exaggerating, but this DLC trend is bad.
... And this is based on? Just to point out, expansions would result in the same thing, so they are just as bad.

... And this is based on? Just to point out, expansions would result in the same thing, so they are just as bad.

Actually Sequels result in the same thing...
I already bought Civ I... why should I have to pay for Civ II?

holy guys, if you don't want to buy it, don't buy it. And if the majority agrees with you and doesn't buy it aswel, they will probably ditch DLCs for the future.

But nobody wants the DLC; people want patches. Where's the law of supply and demand?

This is yet another "nobody" who bought the DLC and appreciated the patch. It doesn't have to be a one or the other choice, does it?

But it begs the question, why am I a nobody to you?

DLC is whats feeding the growing community of pirates. And with them throwing out this bundle of all DLC for original game price already was a real slap in the face. I will no longer buy ANY games on release or pre-order since we will get all of the content in a package in less than a year anyway...

1/2 the price of a movie ticket for something more rewarding and potentially more fun/dollar value?

You're right... Let's all just sit inside on the floor doing nothing cuz it's FREE

Gee, there goes my self esteem, I'm a nobody. You don't like it, don't buy it. but don't assume you know what everybody else wants. I like it, the patch was cool. Polynesia is a lot of fun. Will I buy them all? probably not, but I'll get the ones that look like fun. I wish I hadn't got Isabella, she's causing some major problems in my current game.

A couple of points. 1. They are releasing patches. Unless you want to pay for those patches, supply and demand aren't truly reflected there. 2. People do want DLC, otherwise, yeah, they'd stop selling them. 3. While I wouldn't say there's a direct relationship between DLC and patches, DLC help fuel patches. There's motivation to continue to improve the game to encourage people to keep playing, which encourages them to buy DLC. If people didn't buy DLC, patches could very well stop.

I don't think people WANT DLC, it's simply THE ONLY OPTION. Someone make a poll to see how many that bought DLC already would have rather just bought this GOTY edition. My hand is up.

Top Bottom