Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lindows

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unix (not Linux!)

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

Solver

Mohawk Games Designer
Self-explanatory, IMO. What operating system are you running? If several, please vote for the one you use the most.

Using Win98 SE, Win XP Home on the notebook and want to upgrade to XP Pro soon.
:D

I voted Windows Me, because my systems at home run that. I also have a Linux partition on "my" machine. But at work, where I spend virtually all my time on a computer, I have, at my desk, a Windows 95 machine, and a Windows 2000 machine (which I also use occasionally to connect to a Sun/Solaris unix box). The Win95 box is due to be replaced by a Win2000 box someday.

What's with all the OS polls?:D

I'm using XP Home Edition.

XP Pro. Dual-booted with Win98 for my mother. If I didn't have a dirty winmodem it would be linux.

WinXp Pro on my workstation and win2k on my notebook

I have most of the above, but use Win95 OSR 2.1 most of the time (for "speed", LOL).

I don't use XP, but do use Win2K. I don't have the Mac OS, or Unix, or BeOS. The other OSs are currently uninstalled on my main machine to make room.

Instead of Windows 2000 option I should've made a Windows 2000 sucks option :).

The poll isn't good. I'm sure most of us have more than 1 system. In my case, I'm running XP Pro on my main rig, PPC 2002 on my Ipaq and my 8 year old is playing with Win 3.1.

The poll isn't good. I'm sure most of us have more than 1 system. In my case, I'm running XP Pro on my main rig, PPC 2002 on my Ipaq and my 8 year old is playing with Win 3.1.

Hmmm.. I refer you to this:
If several, please vote for the one you use the most.

I'm sure that each one of us has one computer/OS we use more than others as it is almost an impossibility to spend exactly the same time on each.

As for me, I vote 98, because it is what I use slightly more than XP.

I think im definitely in the minority here, i use MacOS 9 most of the time, due to being a Graphic Designer. At home its the horribly annoying WindowsME.

Im trying to find an old machine with DOS and Win3.1 to play Civ and Doom and other old games at the moment.

While gonzo nicely shows my point, you know, in Eastern Europe, having 2 systems is... incredible, it's only something possible in America ;). Yes, I do work on many computers, but those are PCs I manage, while I have 1 PC at home.

Wow....for all the negative MS vibes going around here there sure are a lot of XP Pro votes.....I wonder how many of those were purchased though?? ;)

PS: Mine is now legal!

Horse, people might hate MS, but not everyone is able (has the guts) to move on to Linux/etc. And XP has to be the best MS OS.

I can't believe I'm the only one who voted Win2k.

Microsoft making Win2K is a dream come true. I hate microsoft, but I love win2k.

Nooo.... Microsoft released two very bad OS. DOS 5 and Win 2k. I've worked with Win 2k on like 45 PCs recently, and saw the very worst sides of it.

And who voted Linux?

Win2K? Bad?
The only time it went BSOD for me was when I tried to run a very old DOS game, in a bad way.

My experience with it is 10/10.

I also talked to some Network Administrator that used to be on the l0pht group, he also says it's one of the best.

I can't see what's wrong with Win2K :confused:

Top Bottom