What OS do you use?

What OS do you use?

• Total voters

Strider

In Retrospect
Pretty simple poll. Just pick one. The other option is meant to include FreeBSD and the like.

I picked what I have on my system. ;)

I run PCLinuxOS. I have lately started to run Win2K on it, in a virtual machine, to better handle some Windows-based games. But of course, VMWare/VirtualBox aren't the same as dual-booting. (But you already know that. ;))

I play Civ4 on my wife's Vista box. :sad:

At work, I have a Windows XP-Pro box on my desk, but most of what I do is in a terminal window talking to one of many RH Linux servers.

the majority of the time I'm on ubuntu. however i use xp and vista fairly frequently. i would like to try the new version of FreeBSD out but i refuse until I find a DVD iso(I don't want to have to swap out CDs 19 times again)

I would have a triple boot system with Ubuntu, XP and FBSD, but GRUB keeps farking things up, so Im left with only FBSD and XP.

I have Windows XP
Kubuntu and older windows OSes run through VMware (virtual machines)
Windows 3.1 via DOSbox
Mac OS 7 on a Macintosh Plus emulator (Mini vMac)
Mac OS 7.5 - 9 on Sheepshaver

XP, because a) Vista doesn't seem to have any clear advantages from my point of view, and b) Windows is the only feasible option for gaming.

I have a dual boot of Kubuntu and Windows. I rarely use Windows, but I have enough disk space and not enough time to erase it. Also, there are still games :)

Dual boot, but I strongly prefer linux in anything I do, I use XP only when I have to for some reason.

One of the reasons is that so far there isn't a recent driver from Ati to make my Radeon 7500 run at real speed.. but it might change. :)

Currently Windows XP, and planning on keeping it with XP only for the forseeable future. Used to have on this machine:

*Windows Vista. Got rid of it because it wouldn't run all the programs XP would
*Ubuntu. Got rid of it because GRUB corrupted my master boot record, which was very inconvenient.
*Windows 3.11 (and thus DOS 6.22 as well). Got rid of it because I couldn't get my Windows 98 upgrade to work, and I was eventually able to get XP. But it did work (natively) on my new hardware, if not ideally.

*Windows 3.11 (and thus DOS 6.22 as well).
I typicaly store it in a flash drive (along with a DOSbox program for Windows and a Universal Binary for Mac OS X)

Same for Mac OS 9 (Sheepshaver) and Mac OS 7 (Mini vMac)

Why I have a DOSbox Universal Binary for Mac OS X? I have an aunt that has a Mac computer. ;)

Right now, Vista on my desktop, XP on my laptop. I've been wanting to put linux on something, but haven't made up my mind.

Vista Ultimate on my main computer, and XP Media Center on my second computer.

1x Vista Home Premium
2x XP Pro
2x Win2k
1x MSDOS 5.22
1x SUSE
2x Knoppix
1x Mandriva

Single boot XP pro.

Vista Ultimate on my main. Vista Ultimate on another and XP on 2 other really old machines. I was running Ubuntu and Fedora on Virtual Machines but I wasn't doing anything on them that I couldn't do on Windows so I got rid of them. Originally I was doing all my torrent activities on Linux but it became such a nightmare to configure and maintain the software for running IP block lists etc and I don't really have time for it right now.

Top Bottom