what other games do you play regularly?

Rome Total war-its a classic i still love marching into battle with my legions.
Medieval total war2- Only if i had a mod that allowed me to use legions in medieval wars. Its fun trying to remake the roman empire as the eastern roman empire=byzantines.

:)

rome total war is excellent...

Company of heroes is just wonderful...

CIV 4 is the best game EVER (untill now...)

PES 6 can be better but it is the best football game ever...

Football manager 2007 can be better...but the best manager in the world...(but I am waiting for the football manager online that will be launched next year)

I have also played and liked: F.E.A.R., Spongebob (if u are a fan haha), roller coaster tycoon 2 addictive...,monopoly tycoon really nice, Call of duty 2 and counter strike :)

Played Rome Total War up until I started Civ 4 again
Gears of War occasionally
Age of Empires 3
Command and Conquer 3 (for 360)

Europa Universalis 2 and 3
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 or 4, not the crappy 5
Rome; Total War, not the crappy new Medieval Total War 2
Tropico, some times now and then
Galactic Civilizations 2
Supreme Comander

But the crown of them all is the CIV games!

Action games I never play, I love strategy, especially with a touch of turn based gameplay.

yeah wow is a huge time sink... really kills my civ4 gaming as well as my sleep and other extracurriculars...

wc3 and age of empires- good games! Although I like the star wars age of empires better. I think it's called galactic wars or something. It's the same engine, same concepts, but you make star wars units obviously. Nothing cooler than destroying an entire base with a star cruiser and a hand full of jedi.

I actually haven't played Civ 4 for a while now. Since, I have went back to my usual list of these:

Galactic Civ 2
Neverwinter Nights
Civ 3
Silkroad Online
Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
Diablo 2
Arcanum
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
Tropico
Age of Wonders 2
Rise of Nations

* Worms Armageddon (brilliant multiplayer experience)

Indeed. Alongside Speedball II (which is also still fun to play if you can get your hands on a Commodore Amiga - other versions were cack, esp. the PC one) Worms Armageddon is the greatest game ever made, imo. It must be a decade old, but I still play regularly with my mates when we return from the pub.

Nothing beats flying a supersheep through several ridiculously tight holes into the face of your friend's last worm, except perhaps pulling off a miraculous spiderman-style six shot ninja-rope journey across the map only to get blown up by a landmine you hadn't noticed.

Besides that, Civ 4 takes up most of my gaming time since I gave up Football Manager (to stop me playing it all day every day). But I still find time for the odd multiplayer blast on Operation Flashpoint (I say 'blast', but most of the time it involves cowering in the bushes hoping no-one notices you; much like real war, I imagine). And I'm currently working my way through FarCry yet again (maybe this time I'll actually finish the damn thing before my harddrive breaks down or someone steals the disc :mad: ).

@ Andy_Candy - I'd completely forgotten about Tropico!! It didn't get great reviews, but any game where you can spend 50 years persecuting successive generations of the same family deserves a place in the gaming hall of fame.

my Cs is broken and that's the best computer game ever.

I play Fifa and NCAA football on xbox :)

kingdom under fire is without a doubt the biggest waste of money I've ever encountered. Terrible strategy, and the battles are repetitive and the stupid reviews led me astray.

I love KoF. it isnt strategy though, more like battlefield tactics. It's been a while since I played a game this challenging. I am only halfway through Rupert's Campaign and a little into Walter's. Ellen's I have beat but that one isn't hard.
I don't see how the battles are repetative, unless you are playing the same campaigns over and over for some reason. Or you are playing the predecessor to Heroes, Crusades. I haven't played it.

I just realised I left out Knights of Honor.

Great game, I hope they make a sequel set in Imperial era or WW2

I played MTW2 for a while until I got bored with it being too similar to all the others.

I played Silent Hunter 4 for a while until I realised it was bust. Its nice to look at from time to time. But playing a submarine game is the ultimate test in dedication.

I play Flight Sim X from time to time because its actually quite good fun but gets dull after a while as there isnt a load of excitement in it.

The only game Ive been playing loads recently is Halflife 2 which is pretty good for a recent game.

I got bored of Oblivion after a week.

I cant get into Gal Civ 2 at all.

The only game I refuse to take off my hard disk is EAs F1 Grand Prix Challenge which is amazing to play whenever Formula 1 time comes around.

Other than that interesting games are getting really difficult to find these days. If I had a new Frontier Elite or EF2000 or Tornado or X-Wing to play I would be playing those.

Indeed. Alongside Speedball II (which is also still fun to play if you can get your hands on a Commodore Amiga - other versions were cack, esp. the PC one) Worms Armageddon is the greatest game ever made, imo. It must be a decade old, but I still play regularly with my mates when we return from the pub.

Nothing beats flying a supersheep through several ridiculously tight holes into the face of your friend's last worm, except perhaps pulling off a miraculous spiderman-style six shot ninja-rope journey across the map only to get blown up by a landmine you hadn't noticed.

I'm with you and Danielos. Worms Armaggedon is one of the most brilliant tactical ops game ever ( because it doesn't look like one :p ). I still can laugh when I hear "Run away!... Aleluia!" from the Holy Hand grenade... or the "tadah" of the SuperSheep. Oh , those were the days...

I haven't played Civ for a little while now, but the games that I am playing at the moment are:

Football Manager 2007: Probably the most addictive game I have ever played. I can sit for hours trying to guide my team to glory without realising that half the day has been wasted.

Medieval II Total War: Not a game that I can play for hours upon end, but trying to make my faction of choice the world leader is fun none the less.

Excite Truck: I didn't expect too much from this, but it's so addictive. It's the best racing game I've played for a long time.

I play alot of different kinds of game

Counter Strike
Battle for middle earth 2
Empiers dawn of the modern world
Civilzatioin 4
Battlefield 2
and sometimes Pirates or madden 07

I'm with you and Danielos. Worms Armaggedon is one of the most brilliant tactical ops game ever ( because it doesn't look like one :p ). I still can laugh when I hear "Run away!... Aleluia!" from the Holy Hand grenade... or the "tadah" of the SuperSheep. Oh , those were the days...

ahhh worms armageddon! brings me back to my youth! i used to be killer with the super sheep

ahhh worms armageddon! brings me back to my youth! i used to be killer with the super sheep

Me: Duck and cover. Wait to the others start to kill each other. Come back of the underworld and overkill :devil:

None. Civ is The Game for me.

I tried to get excited about Rome Total War but couldn't. Sure looks pretty, but I find the real time aspect of RTSs always diminishes the strategy. Plus I want to be able to settle cities. And random maps. And more control over the economy. And ... :)

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Sims 2 and the evil long list of Xpaks
F.E.A.R.
Lots of random freeware stuff downloaded from the Net

I tried to get excited about Rome Total War but couldn't. Sure looks pretty, but I find the real time aspect of RTSs always diminishes the strategy. Plus I want to be able to settle cities. And random maps. And more control over the economy. And ... :)
Honestly, RTW (which i don't play anymore) could be paused so much that I felt it was a TBS. The realism factor makes it worthwhile.

Top Bottom