What questions do you still have?

JimmyBanks

Warlord
I was watching a couple of the livestreams tonight and I thought of a couple of questions that I don't think have been answered yet. Post your gameplay questions here and see if anyone has found an answer.

So my questions are:

1) When you 1st locate a goodie hut it suggests you send a scout to the tile. Is there a higher chance that you will get a better reward if you get goodie huts with scouts than with other units?

2) You can't shoot over mountains, cliffs are impassable (without promotion) so, ships with a ranged attack shoot over cliffs?

Civ5 is unplayable for me because of of long turn down times, so how long will turn down times be?

Indeed that is my only concern about the game.

I was watching a couple of the livestreams tonight and I thought of a couple of questions that I don't think have been answered yet. Post your gameplay questions here and see if anyone has found an answer.

So my questions are:

1) When you 1st locate a goodie hut it suggests you send a scout to the tile. Is there a higher chance that you will get a better reward if you get goodie huts with scouts than with other units?

2) You can't shoot over mountains, cliffs are impassable (without promotion) so, ships with a ranged attack shoot over cliffs?

I believe we still have much bigger questions than those :)

I am very curious about the archeology/artefact system o_o it sounds very interesting

and I would definitely like to hear something about turn times from the developers, such as what their approach and expectations are with it.

Also I am wondering what types of maps we can play. Specifically I wonder if there are map types where you can be surprised because it's more random/irregular/organic, large and small continents, seas and lakes, irregular stuff, making exploration extra interesting! I like it better if I don't know what's out there in the fog of war, if I see a coast I don't know how large the island or continent may be, including the one I start on, how many there are, etc.

No, I don't when it comes to game play.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

We still don't know 2/3 of diplomacy, for example. Or religious combat details.

So what would you ask? Instead of posting and saying other questions aren't important ask a question that you want an answer to.

What's important to you might not be important to me and visa versa.

Also I am still interested in the score victory, is it something designed to be a part of the game on default settings or more for a game mode where other victory conditions are disabled ? What options do you have for preventing other players from achieving victory types ? Espionage, commando or nuke for disabling a spaceport? etc for other types when you are not going for a science or culture or religion or domination victory, how can you counter opponents trying to win without just winning earlier than them? interested in that stuff :D

Is it different than Civ 5?

Well, we know artifacts use different slots and are stored in specific museums. We know these museums support limited number of archaeologists. These things are already quite different and the rest we just don't know.

Mine is a lot more specific but ever since I found out what the Venetian Arsenal bonus was, I can't help but wonder if it's only specific to the City that builds it.

The bonus of having an additional navy unit for every one built is surely too much for it to apply for every city within your nation. Therefore I think it must only apply to the city which builds it. Even so as long as that city is a production utopia, it is a very powerful bonus to have.

- What is the domination victory condition (percentage, capitals or other)

- What is the formula for amenities/pop and how does luxuries work (say one city has several instances of the same resource, will other cities benefit from that?)

- Will adjancency bonus for districts also apply to districts of other cities? What about wonder adjencency bonuses?

- If you get a wonder/policy that increase builder charges, will it apply to builders you already have.

- What happens if you get an eureka moment when you already searched half the tech? Does the research complete? Is tech overflow a thing?

- For Brazil, their naval UU is unlocked a diferent way than the battleship (civic), does that mean they are excluded from building the battleship when they get the appropriate tech (I do remember it said "replaces the battleship" IIRC)

What happens to great prophet points after you founded a religion with your first prophet?
How do religious combat work?

How does national parks work?

What are the unknown CB?

I'm interested in learning more about espionage and how it is implemented. Beyond the initial "delegates", we have little more information about the system. Their is an image for a spy unit, but is that the case where spies will be on the map, or was that unit something else?

Of course, more details on the corps and armies would be good too. Maybe some gameplay showing that in action.

What other City-States are going to be in game? Natural Wonders?

So far, to me, it really looks like coastal cities won't be very desireable. So I guess my first question would be: Are there unknown facts that will make Coastal cities important, like specific districts/district bonuses other than harbour, an honest effort to make sea battle AI a lot better than in CIV V, a lot more sea luxuries than what we've seen ?

Mhrmm.... how does this "unstacking" of cities work and what's up with those "agendas"? :mischief:

So far, to me, it really looks like coastal cities won't be very desireable. So I guess my first question would be: Are there unknown facts that will make Coastal cities important, like specific districts/district bonuses other than harbour, an honest effort to make sea battle AI a lot better than in CIV V, a lot more sea luxuries than what we've seen ?
Well, it is harder to siege coastal cities

Top Bottom