What Religion do you usually find yourself getting first?

Eh?

• Total voters
In some games, where I'm more interested in making sure I have iron/copper, I might skip researching the 3 early religions. Having Mysticism is enough for me to have an early cultural lead to fend off AI expansion.

The only way i will found a religion with a non mystical civ is either the oracle - confusionism path or getting cristianity from a great priest.

I dont think i ever founded judaism / islam at the higher levels.

Whichever one I can get my dirty paws on first. If my civ doesn't have Mysticism, it's usually Hinduism because the AI always goes for Buddhism first (Meditation is cheaper to research than Polytheism). If both of them go to someone else, I make the rush for Monotheism and get Judaism.

I'm not big on early religions (their oppertunity costs are too high), and so really the only way that I found one is if I go for the Oracle. If its a peace game, I'll go for CoL and Confucianism, but if its a war game I'll go for theology and Christianity, mainly for theocracy. Also, if it's OCC, I definitely go for Taoism and Pacifism.

Hinduism for me. The AIs always seem to get Buddhism so I go for the other choice and fortunately I have yet to not get it:).

I usually get Buddhism even when I don't start out with Mysticism. My AIs have gone for Hinduism before Buddhism in my games. Strange?

I have seen the AI B-line for both. Some games it's near impossible to get Budhism, other times I have gotten beat to hinduism.

Heero Blaze said:
I usually get Buddhism even when I don't start out with Mysticism. My AIs have gone for Hinduism before Buddhism in my games. Strange?
That's my experience too - the AI tends to go for Hinduism, so I usually get Buddhism if I go for it, even when not starting with Mysticism.

I've been finsing that the AI mostly gets Buddihism first, buts thats porbably because I keep having all 18 civs turned on, and often it's Isabella/Spain that get it first.

I've mostly achived Judaism first, but sometimes Hinduism. I just follow that tech path intill I get either one of them.

Personally, I think the game needs a couple more religions added in, though i wouldn't want to say which.

I play against 18 Civs routinely so never get a look in until Judaism or Christianity - I usually found Christianity by design (for Theocracy and heaps of missionaries!) and Islam by accident chasing Tech's.

Then again, I love building Islamic buildings cos've the sound they make. Ain't Civ wonderful?

Islam because I keep forgetting to go after them until late and that's usually the last one left. I suck.

Top Bottom