Votes: 150 20.6%
  • Taoism

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • Christianity

Votes: 189 26.0%
  • Islam

Votes: 34 4.7%

• Total voters
it usually depends on whether i start with mystism (then I go for Buddhism) if I dont I usually go for Judaism. But when I first started playing civ 4 on the easier difficulties I would try to be historically accurate i.e. Islam for the arabs or christianity for the spanish.

I usually go for Judiasm, but recently I've ended up with Christianity, and Confuscism. Only because for some reaosn I have been able to obtain Judiasm.

I went for Christianity & later in the game I took no state religion. Christianity is best to spreat cultural influence, I took 2 cities because they have fallen by the cultural influence (I just have the game for a few days though) & also for production.

Christianity. The sound is the most relaxing and I am a Christian. And I like the symbol, it's cool too.

/Breaker

I normally end up with judaism for the same reasons mentioned before: Hinduism and Buddhism are hard to get, so it's better to set my sights on Judaism.

This led to an interesting incident the other day in a Terra game, where buddhism and hinduism were founded on an obscure corner of the continent. I had well-established trade routes with every civilization except for the two that discovered Buddhism and Hinduism by the time I discovered Judaism. This led to an explosive growth of Judaism, and soon every civilization but TWO were jewish. :D

how about Confucianism, you can rush Oracleso that you can get code of law for free and then Confucianism

Normally try for Hinduism, and if I can't get that go straight for Judaism.

I like to have discovered a religion

Hinduism if I start with mysticism,other ones if I didn't but usually Christianity or Islam.
I always prefer to get a religion so that when I build a holy shrine I get the whole money bonus,that's good especially in hinduism as it's a very early religion and it spreads passively widely enough to get me lots of money,also it spreads to many countries so I have many allies later on.

I play on noble.
First hinduizam, then judaisam because orginized religion, then go after christianity. If I first to discover it I switc to christianity.

I'm big on cultural victories, or at least attempting them before giving up and going for world domination, so I try my best to get Buddhism. Plus I'm from Boulder, which is probably the only American city where there are more Buddhists than Evangelicals.

I am more concerned about who is of what other religion when choosing a religion myself. If a dangerous enemy is...say of judaism then converting to that faith gets them off your back for awhile.

If a lot of players are in the game you wont get buddhism or hinduism unless you take a spiritual faction..judism is always hard to get because you have to neglect a lot of other techs you need..like farming mining bronze working the wheel and so forth..if you build the oracle you can select code of laws and get confucism as a religion most of the time. if you build a lot of wonders and get all the early spiritual techs(mysticism, organized religion, polytheism, etc) youll get to take theology with your tech pick if you get a holy leader..and if you build stonehenge first that usually happens so then you get christianity. if you miss all of those chances wait for religion to spread i guess..its all you can do

Religion isn't usually my top priority but I usually get Confucianism and Taoism because I like to get Code of Laws and Philosophy.Plus,I rather like Taoism.

I play on noble, so I usually choose a spiritual civ. I take budhism, and then try for hinduism (which I get 50% of the time.) Then I go directly for monotheism (judiasm.) Get priesthood. Then research writing as I build the oracle. Once the oracle is complete I take CoL (Confucianism.) I then use the Great Prophet I usually get by now to get theology (Christianity.) If I'm high enough on the power graph that getting attacked is a low chance, I usually go for Philosophy (Tasoism) and use the second (or third, I may use one before to get beuracry) Great Prophet to get Divine Right (Islam.) And that my friends is how you can capture all religions (on Noble or lower.)

But, my favorite religion is Islam, because Divine Right allows me to build the Spiral Minaret which always helps my economy.

I like Taoism's symbol the most, but I tend to get Confucianism, and like it second best. However, I try to found as many religions as I can and then use great prophets to build the wonders to boost my economy, so I take what I can get. My latest game was hilarious though. One of the strongest civilizations was the Arabs, who founded... Judaism! They spread it to about a fourth of the world too, except they managed to get all their constituents angry at them. I was able to convert them and then eventually nab them as my permament ally ;).

I prefer an early religion (which is usually hinduism) just so I can get myself the 25% building boost.
It's not a bad idea to found them all if you can get all of their holy buildings too.

I go for Christianity, mainly because I am one.

I usally have hindu but the recent game i had i was jewish and was attacked and abused by everyone for it.... jew's even get a hard time in civ!!! it will be in the arr im writing now

[EC]Eternal said:
I usally have hindu but the recent game i had i was jewish and was attacked and abused by everyone for it.... jew's even get a hard time in civ!!! it will be in the arr im writing now

LOL!
(NOTE: no anti-Semitism intended)

Top Bottom