1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What religions are dominant?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Circuit, Jun 19, 2008.

?

What is the dominant state religion?

1. Buddhism

20 vote(s)
    37.7%
  2. Hinduism

15 vote(s)
    28.3%
  3. Confucious

4 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. Taoism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Christianity

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  6. Islam

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. Jewdaism

4 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Emperor

Hahaha you spelled judaism wrong. good thing your'e graduated from high school.

2. munam

munam Chieftain

There are usually three blocs in my games, Buddhism, Hinduism, and the under-appreciated little warmonger me.

3. The Fishman

The Fishman Resident Megalomaniac

I play with choose religions on, so when I play, Islam and Christianity are the two earliest. Islam tends to be the most popular, as I play the world map and I conquer all the Christian civs that are close together in Europe.

You think that Christians and Confucians wouldn't have fought if they bordered eachother?

4. BakingTheArt

BakingTheArt His Evening Coat

The other day, I had a isolated start, and when I came out, every single civ was Taoist. And it was continents, too. I have no idea what the hell happened, but...

5. Circuit

Circuit Writing Letters

:dubious:

I knew I spelled it wrong.

6. Clam Spammer

Clam Spammer Prince

Often one civ will found both Hinduism and Judaism because they are close together on the tech tree. Because the game checks for Judaism first when determining religion spread each turn, it tends to dominate over Hinduism. Buddhism is a major power in most games. Of course they all get swamped by my religion in the end :D

7. MadScotsMan

MadScotsMan The Ruler of Cattle

My last game, I spread Hinduism like crazy, and it ended up having 32% of the world Hindu...and Buddist had thirteen percent, Judaism 24%, Islam 10%, and the others below ten. That game, Egypt(biggest after me) converted to Islam, right after i had converted the . .. .. .. .. . to Hinduism.

Edit: The dominant faith is whatever I choose as my state faith during the medeval phase.

8. NintendoTogepi

NintendoTogepi Noble Pacifist

Hinduism usually, then Buddhism, then Christianity, then Judaism, then Confucianism. Never Taoism or Islam usually.

Of course, that's assuming I don't adopt and spread around a religion ;)
    (in which case it's usually Confucianism or Christianity)

9. Dryhad

Dryhad Prince

They did, they just didn't use them to such an extent. I do wish there were more options in the "Special Buildings" XML.

The things they did do with it though, means that (among other things):
    - The Spiritual trait can produce "Temples" quicker, rather than each individual temple.
    - The respective technologies don't go all crazy in the Science Advisor screen (by listing each and every temple in Priesthood, for instance)
    - Organised Religion actually works.