What scenarios does the game come with?

Emperor Martyn

Chieftain
I have read somewhere that the game comes with 4 scenarios.

From the screenshots I can tell that there is WW2 and the America war of indepence.

What are the other two?
Are there any maps eg Earth, Europe? (I don't mean the scripted ones)

One thing I don't like about Civ 4 are its scenarios...

American Rev- you can be British or America

WW2 Desert War- includes North Africa and Italy and Spain and Greece and Turkey. You can be a bunch of people- at least British, America ("allies in game") Free France (even though France isnt on the map :confused: , i havet tried them yet), Vichy France, Italy, 3rd Reich. There may be more.

Rise of Rome-ish scenario (i forget its name)- you can be Greece, Rome, or Persia. This one is really bad.

Middle Ages scenario- I tried it yet.

Rise of Rome is horrible, American Rev is OK (i wish you could be France), and WW2 seems like the best- i haven't played more than like 10 turns.

I had a feeling it would be Rome and Medieval.

Rise of Rome-ish scenario (i forget its name)- you can be Greece, Rome, or Persia. This one is really bad.

Is it like the one conquests?
That was really bad in my opinion.

Middle Ages scenario- I tried it yet.

I will assume you mean you have not tried it yet.

American Rev is OK (i wish you could be France)

You could mod it.

Are all of these purly conquest and no settling?
Are there mod tech trees and units and building?

I havent played a entire game in any of them- and yes, I haven't tried Middle Ages yet. Sorry for typo

Rise of Rome starts out like Fall of Rome- you only have settlers and units. No starting cities.

You can't build settlers in Desert War and American Revolution I think, but i never really checked. There is no use for them in those two.

There are unique units for each scenario so theres a different tech tree. One thing that is annoying is that the game must restart to load each specific scenario. So if you just want to get the gist of a scenario and play 10 turns, then try another, it takes a while.

Elponitnatsnoc said:
WW2 Desert War- includes North Africa and Italy and Spain and Greece and Turkey. You can be a bunch of people- at least British, America ("allies in game") Free France (even though France isnt on the map :confused: , i havet tried them yet), Vichy France, Italy, 3rd Reich. There may be more.

Free France controls Syria/Lebanon and Vichy France controls Algeria/Tunisia/Morocco

American Revolution is a pretty good scenario. I had fun when I played it.

Top Bottom