What scenarios work best for you?

cspruce

Chieftain
What maps actually work well for you? I ask because I've encountered a lot of issues after upgrading to v.37. I always make sure the cache is clean and that I'm using the most updated version which is often hard to figure out for new people because there are several different posts that popup if you look around or google it.

Scenarios and my results:
North America / Europe 1936 - Crashes after a few turns, doesn't like hotseat.

Earth WW2 July 1936 - Crashes after a few turns, didn't try hotseat.

Earth Jan 1942 - Crashes after 20 - random turns, eventually after 100-200 turns you'll
get a crash that will crash ever time and you can't go on.

Europe 1939-1945 - Played through twice, couldn't get hotseat not to crash.

Small Europe - Never tested it, not interested in playing small maps.

Stalingrad - Works fine, didn't try hotseat.

Currently using the following:
R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v 4)
R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 37)
Faster Aircraft (v 4)

Cache is cleared, no old versions installed, all saves deleted or removed.

Computer Specs:
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor 2.8 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB GDDR 5
8 GB ram
Win7 64b

Thanks for taking the time to read this and support the community.

P.S. If you use ExtreamWWII the Japanese soldiers only show up as two small ones instead of a platoon sized element. It's just a graphic glitch, I guess they never made the new model for it.

Fifty views and no one can take the time to tell me what scenario they play or which ones work for them?

I've never tried the stalingrad scenario, but the 1939 map is pretty much bug free for me. I think I've only ever had one crash with it.

The other maps are all still in development as far as I know. The 1936 maps in particular are still pretty buggy, with the North America one having a bug with the covoys. I havent tried 1942, though I suspect it will be the same.

I generally play only the Europe 1939 one, which works fine on everything save Greece, because it gets the convoy crash. FYI I use v34 and not v37, so I'm not certain how viable this is.

All those that are labelled "stable" works fine for me, I wish it could be the same for everyone, could use my time on some other parts... :o

@CS well i have mostely the same experiences as you... even on stable maps... not realy sure my setup is repressentative of the community so wouldnt be fair to gedemon to go complain to much about :)

Scenarios and my results:
North America / Europe 1936
Crash from convoys trying to reach destination, usually happens as soon as there are more than a couple of them around. Only convoys from the south of the USA to Mourmansk or from Suez to US/UK appear to crash (in the UK case, not as a player). I've almost found a fix blundering with the lua though there are still some issues, I'll post what I've done as suggested by Gedemon as soon as it's working better - might take some time as I'm not a coder so it's trial and errors, and reloading the full stuff to check is long!

Earth WW2 July 1936
Works almost fine for me though there's usually a crash when some (not all) Bombay to UK convoys spawn.

Earth Jan 1942
I crashed on turn 1 (as Free French). Cause looked to be one of the Navy destroyers near Scapa Flow, moved it around with Ingame editor, now it crashes further in the UK turn but the cause of the crash isn't clear.

Europe 1939-1945
I have yet to see a single crash with this one, though I never tried hotseat.[edit:] I've seen it crash after Seelöwe is launched when some German units go back to France then reembark towards the UK.

Stalingrad
Appears to work fine (though I'm not finished with the scenario).

Currently using the following:
R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v 4)
R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 37)

[...] might take some time as I'm not a coder so it's trial and errors, and reloading the full stuff to check is long!
I don't know any other way :D

Is there any way to edit and error in a lua and then reload a save without having to exit Civ5, relaunch your mod etc. by the way?

you're using the live tuner ?

useful, that's what it is :D

part of the sdk, available on steam, tools section.

I have civ5 in windowed mode, so I can switch easily.

Found it, looks like it's more 64 bit friendly than the map tool. I can use refresh the lua states to reload and take into account whatever I updated then?

no, but you can change the content of some variable (or table) used by the mod, or even complete function on the fly.

Pity, would have been handy, I know more or less where the error is, but the full reloading process is loooong!

open GameMenu.lua and delete the line 144:
Controls.MainMenuButton:SetHide(true);

will allow you to go back to main menu.

you can't safely reload the mod files in game.

uh may be the wrong spot but that reminds me i know why the main menu button is hidden but can you make the victory screen an exit to windows as well? its not much but if you finish a senario some may want to reload the save game til do somthing different maybe prolong the war something like that and well as you said funky things happen sometimes when you exit a mod like that and civ V dosnt clear the mod files...

I'd like to add some feedback here again for v.38 (maybe it'll be useful for v.39 who knows)
I played some beta v.39 but the crashes were expected so this is all v.38:

North America / Europe 1936:
- Germany seems to work fine. Got a game running where I have all of Europe except for some last russian/british-africa citys and I'm starting to invade canada.
- Russia also seems fine. That game is at the point where I'm fighting Germany and have finland, norway and sweden occupied (to test if alt. history would be trouble)

Earth Jan 1942:
- USSR crashed on turn 1 everytime (no embarked units, think I read that somewhere but that's not it)
- Got a crash as Japan somewhere in 1943 and couldn't get to the next turn.
- Germany and the US both worked until I stopped playing due to citys taking several minutes to capture :).

Earth WW2 July 1936:
- Seems to crash around turn 10-30 no matter who I play. There are some balance issues aswell (still alpha so that was to be expected) so I'll be patient till a future update.

Europe 1939 and Stalingrad:
-Both work perfectly (played as everyone already), only played a full Europe game as Russia but never had any crashes on either map. Great job there :D

Top Bottom