What shall we research next?

What would you like to see done?

• Total voters
This is going to be a pretty daunting request, and possibly a low priority one at that, but I'd LOVE to see some more RFC's, esp. something like RFC Asia. I actually prefer the historical setting to a modern one, since it's had to set UHV-type goals for a time period that hasn't happened yet... It's also spectacular to see, well, the rise and fall of the civilizations.

If anyone was thinking about starting a project like this, I would love to help. I don't know a lot about XML, etc., but I'd be extremely willing to learn. I'm sure I could also find some other way to help, like doing research for the starting years of civs, etc.

So yeah.

Welcome to the forums!
(My first post was because of RFC, too :)._

There are 3 projects already:

Rhye's and Fall of Civilization: Europe
Rhye's and Fall of Imperialism
Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World

Right now, RFC:E is playable. You should check it out.
And RFGW is the project chosen from this poll.
RFI is in its initial stages. You can check it out in the ModMods subforum above.

It would be really nice if Civ 5 has a user-friendly editor for unique units/techs/maps/RFC-like ideas such as spawn date/locations/initial units. Sigh...

I hope Civ 5 doesn't have plots... I don't know how that would work, but it would be better IMO.

The number one thing that would improve the game for me, would be an option to play at Epic - I dont need anymore of anything, I just need more time really :) I realize it would be hell of a lot of work, but I think it would be worth it. It's especially evident while playing the greeks - choose where to send your starting phalanxes, hit end turn a few times, and boom, Rome and Carthage says Hello, and you probably haven't even ENCOUNTERED the persians yet.
Also, while playing as the "medieval europeans", I think there's just not enough time to let the game unfold itself. Not enough time for wars between the civs, not enough time for.. doing stuff.
(Oh, well, number 2 thing, but I gave up hope on letting Denmark be a part of the Vikings, strange since we were the strongest viking/scandinavian country until the 15-16th century, and in this game we are most of the times german and a few times dutch, very rarely viking. A shame, I blame the world map of other strategy games who also has Denmark belonging to Germany, the same "region"/"land plot". But oh, you can't have it all)

Among the suggestions in this thread I especially like NerfCothons' idea about corporations. That sounds awesome and a major improvement in both realism and gameplay. When comparing the workload it would take from The one and Only Rhye, compared to the improvement of the game it would result in, I'd rate this on the absolute top.

There is a mod called RFC Epic, but it is outdated with the current BTS version. :(

I voted alt-UHV.

A few ideas
France (Napolean):
-Control Germany, Italy, Spain by 1810
-Completely Blockade Britian for 20 turns
-Control Russia by 1900 (to give some extra time)

Maybe divide Russia between Tsarist and Soviet, And give China a more modern requirement.

Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World is already in the process of being made. I think this topic is over.

i voted others: make Byzantines playable

There is a mod available now but the UP is weak and doesn't synergize, the UHVs are weird, there's a weird bug that always eats your stability at a ridiculous pace, the colour of the civ is off and it seems like its gonna stay like that for quite a while. Makes you look like just another independant. If i'm not wrong the byzantines in bts have their own colour (some sort of purple)

I guess that falls under "further rfc development" then

i voted others: make Byzantines playable

There is a mod available now but the UP is weak and doesn't synergize, the UHVs are weird, there's a weird bug that always eats your stability at a ridiculous pace, the colour of the civ is off and it seems like its gonna stay like that for quite a while. Makes you look like just another independant. If i'm not wrong the byzantines in bts have their own colour (some sort of purple)

I guess that falls under "further rfc development" then

Voting has become useless, because RFC:Greek World has already "won". I think you should ask it in the Playable Byz Mod itself.

...Could anyone ask a mod to lock the thread?

Top Bottom