What should the US do now about Iraq?

What should the U.S. do now about Iraq?

• TROOPS OUT NOW!!!

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Lets wait until the end of 2006, if no progress has been made then pull out.

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • STAY THE COURSE, stay AS LONG AS IT TAKES!

Votes: 36 58.1%

• Total voters

mazzz

Emperor
Poll:

1. TROOPS OUT NOW!!!
2. Lets wait until the end of 2006, if no progress has been made then pull out.
3. STAY THE COURSE, stay AS LONG AS IT TAKES!

I sense a distinct lack of poll options...

ybbor said:
I sense a distinct lack of poll options...

I have the far left, centerist, and far right options
lol, do you want to add?
1. wait 6 months
2. wait 1 years
3. wait 2 years
4. never leave

i felt have "troops out now", the "wait a year and see", and "stay the course" was best

Pull them out slowly, while more and more jobs are being given to the growing Iraqi army.

mazzz said:
lol, do you want to add?
1. wait 6 months
2. wait 1 years
3. wait 2 years
4. never leave

i felt have "troops out now", the "wait a year and see", and "stay the course" was best
How about "It depends"?

IMO outright timetables bad, measurable objectives good.

i was against the wwar, but i think that once your in you stay in until the end, even if the end takes a freaking while.

storealex said:
Pull them out slowly, while more and more jobs are being given to the growing Iraqi army.

See what happened in Vietnam? ;)

We made that mess and it's our responsibility to clean it back up as best as we can.

mazzz said:
lol, do you want to add?
1. wait 6 months
2. wait 1 years
3. wait 2 years
4. never leave

I would say you have a far-left, a left, and a centrist option. Not many people think we should pull out before the job is done, as you can tell from the poll results.

leonel said:
We made that mess and it's our responsibility to clean it back up as best as we can.
All the kings horses and all the king's men...

It might be too much to expect in any time frame.

Stay the course.

Peace with honor.

There's light at the end of the tunnel.

If we pull out now, all of the other countries in the region will fall like dominoes to communism.

Leave now. All that can be done has been done. The only people now capable of making Iraq a stable country are the Iraqis.

Speedo said:
Leave now. All that can be done has been done. The only people now capable of making Iraq a stable country are the Iraqis.
But what happens if they cannot? That is the question.

Gogf said:
I would say you have a far-left, a left, and a centrist option. Not many people think we should pull out before the job is done, as you can tell from the poll results.

well i see people like Cindy Sheehan (pull out now) as the far left

most of the American people according to scientific polls (significant troop withdraws by mid to late 2006) as center

and President Bush/loyal republicans (Stay the course)

Put in a replacement for Hussein, and leave. A secular dictator who does not side with Iran was probably the best option for the region, from a US perspective. It's why the US backed him for all those years.

Since Bush, Cheney, and Rummy all think staying is a good idea, it should be clear that it is a very bad idea, right?

It's going to take a long time before Iraq is stable and totally self policed. Don't kid yourself, we'll be there for years. There's a good chance we'll build at least one permanment base there also, just like we did in Japan and Germany after WWII.

It makes no sense to pull out now. And I'm certainly a left winger. ;)

Top Bottom