1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What should we research next?

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of Democracy II' started by naervod, Dec 14, 2002.

?

What shall we reserach next?

1. Medicine

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Democracy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Feudalism

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Economics(see note)

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Physics(see note)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gunpowder

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. naervod

naervod My current user title

Please cast your vote so I can formulate a plan on what to research.
    Note: On Economics and Physics, when I clicked on them for goal it saud no advances leading to Economics/Physics can be researched at this time, although it looked like I could research them on the tech tree I have.

I recommend Feudalism because I feel we needto have an updated military as we are at war with two nations.

2. GaryNemo

GaryNemo Settler from None

I voted Medicine, because it leads to Explosive Engineers. Also Shakespeare will be nice for Elysium.

I dread Feudalism, because we'll loose the option to IPRB=10 Warriors, a loss of productivity.

3. Duke of Marlbrough

Duke of Marlbrough The Quiet Moderator Retired Moderator

Gunpowder added. Remeber, though, it kills the warrior (only 10 shield unit) also.

I voted Medicine becasue it is one step closer to Explosives.

Also remember, if we get to Magnetism, our ships will be upgraded to galleons and will no longer be a cause of unhappiness when out of a city.

4. Talar

Talar Warlord

Tough choice, but I voted gunpowder. We have several cities that could be easily lost to barbs or enemy troop landings. Having all our defensive units upgraded with Leo's would make our citizens feel much safer.

5. funxus

funxus Orange Cycloptic Blob

We definitely should not wait with engineers, they will double our improvement work at least, and make road improving three times better. Right now there are many wonders to build, so maybe we should wait some techs before we research a new wonder tech, like economics.

6. Talar

Talar Warlord

Yes, engineers would be really nice. It's a tough choice and I don't know much about the risks of being attacked by other civs right now. I suppose barbs are set to raging?

As long as there's some risk of loosing a city to the AI I'd personally go for gunpowder, but if you feel safe enough without I agree on medicine.

7. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Isn't Shakespeares the one that makes all unhappy people content in the city that it is in? :confused: That would be very useful for a city supporting lots of military units under a replublic / democracy. :)

8. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

I like Adam Smiths - I consider it a must-have wonder, especially for Democracy. I'd therefore like to go for economics. :)

Edit - However, seeing as we are celebrating everywhere, do we want to risk democracy. Probably not practical with the number of units we have where we have them, but it is something that we need to do in the medium-term. Maybe we should be seriously considering modifying our other moves for imminent democracy (ie get as many units to their home cities / rehome as feasible. Maybe try and get shakespeares in preparation?)

9. GaryNemo

GaryNemo Settler from None

Ainwood, I'm glad you are back. So we begin the debate on where to build Shakespeare. Two choices: Elysium, SSC, or Legendary City. I think LC will build faster if we rehome its units elsewhere. Elysium and REGIA CIVITAS cry out for Aquaducts.

Regarding support, take a careful look at the download and support. There are very few problems, nearly none. I would like NUF to rehome the Upps Crusader in Lindow Moss, presently in Viborg. That's it, otherwise all seems perfect to me. The war party in the Viking land is free: 3 Crusaders, Legion, Horse about to transform to Knight, even Viborg unit (Vib needs a guard, tho), plus a Dip to bribe Nones.

Democ will be nice, along with Bach. Right now we are delayed by the lack of Explosive Engineers.