What single line from a movie is funniest of all, for you?

Gori the Grey

The Poster
Prompted by its mention in another thread. For me it's:

"Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus, don't even know a word yet, just a little infant, so cuddly, but still omnipotent."

from Talledega Nights.

Another Ferrel and Riley classic: Boats and Hoes

Han Solo to 3CPO: Hurry up goldenrod!

Three Amigos (loosely this, from memory):
"May I kiss you on the veranda?"
"No, but on the lips would be fine."

Spoiler The trees are actually quite lovely. :

"Did he fire six shots or only five?"

For those who don't recognize it: "Dirty Harry".

Last edited:
"The Hamptons? Give me a couple of Panzer divisions and I'll level that whole area and turn it into a big gulag."

-Trajan, High Society: A Potboiler*

*low-budget stoner comedy that no one has ever heard of except me and like four of my friends

"Bridget Jones, wanton sex goddess, with a very bad man between her thighs ... Hi Mum."

From Airplane!: as the protagonists are trying to make an emergency landing at night, the tower crew and Kramer have this exchange:

"Maybe we oughta turn the search lights on now?"

"No...that's just what they'll be expecting us to do..."

@Cutlass Yes, in the film Harry is saying what he thinks the bank robber should be thinking as the robber contemplates going for his gun. The scene is quite amusing and the crux is what I quoted. :)

We call it operation gotcha last - Short Circuit

A general describing their robot strategy for delivering nukes to Moscow after the missiles fly

got a couple more I like

Ned asks Jimbo Kern why they're driving to Mexico, to buy fireworks, then Ned asks if fireworks are legal there and Jimbo says

”Hell, everything’s legal in Mexico. IT’S THE AMERICAN WAY.”

And someone inspired me with D&D

Jim Carrey leaves a bar with a newspaper front page from 1969 hanging by the door and he yells out "WE LANDED ON THE MOON"

Last edited:
"I am only a lucky guy. If I was not born in Brooklyn, if I was born in Poland, or in Berlin, I would be a lampshade instead of a famous director."

-Woody Allen in Stardust Memories.

"We're all right as long as the water supply holds out."

-Groucho in A Nigh at the Opera (this one is way funnier than it seems)

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

(Dr. Strangelove. Actually much of the dialogue from that movie would qualify. "You'll have to answer to the Coca-Cola Company.")

Top Bottom