What specific cities cause ottoman spawn now? (and does playing turks change anything?)

Theophilos

Warlord
I want to play as a Christian Turks as a way to shake things up, and I thought to try to expand more towards maybe China or towards Russia, instead of middle east. I would like there not to be an ottoman spawn, because it will destroy byzantium.

But, I do not know if I can expand into Persia or not without it causing ottomans to spawn, or expand into caucus without it causing ottoman spawn.

Also, I do not know if playing Turks automatically causes the Ottomans to spawn anyway.

So, does anyone know the answers?

I have bug reports about the Ottoman spawn, there might be something else wrong with it.

By the way, about Ottomans. They don't have to respawn, if they didn't spawn?

They should not. I am currently refactoring the code around respawns (almost complete) and noticed some inconsistencies that might let them respawn as part of someone else's collapse even if they were never around, but that should be fixed by then.

Ill just play and see what happens. Ill expand into caucus but not past the east persia cities.

Actually First I will just try doing it without expanding and see if they spawn

result of first test:

I did not expand at all, and ottomans did not spawn. So this shows that just because one is the player as turks, doesnt mean ottomans will spawn. (this is nice to know that it is not dependent on being AI or not)

Jerusalem seems safe also, in my recent game as the Byzantines the Turks managed to snatch it from Arabia and so far no Ottoman spawn at 1400AD. I retook the city for myself the next turn so I'm not sure if that had any impact.

Result of second test:

Taking two available persia cities east of the mountains did not result in an ottoman spawn

Result of third test:

settlement just north of the mountains of Georgia/caucasus did not cause ottoman spawn

Result of fourth test:

taking a city in the armenia/Azerbaijan region (squares that are historical region label for turks) did cause an ottoman spawn

Result of fifth test:

On a square in new core area which has oil on it, which is bordering the mountains of west persia, a settlement placed there did not cause an ottoman spawn

---

So end result is, yes you can expand south into persia as turks and not cause an ottoman spawn, althought I do not know how far into the western core area you can place cities, would take to long to test each one. And you can also build cities in the pontic steppe/north caucasus and not cause an ottoman spawn

Last edited:
Top Bottom