• Quick

Votes: 14 4.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 85 24.6%
  • Epic

Votes: 131 37.9%
  • Marathon

Votes: 114 32.9%
  • Modded speed (please describe in post)

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
Marathon. i like being able to build up an army and actually use it before it goes obsolete. Marathon also allows for more pronounced eras which i enjoy. ..with faster speeds there's entires branches of units that come and go without ever being built

i tried epic but find the tech rate is too fast while the building rate is too slow(relatively).

How can anyone who is not 6 years old enjoy quick games?

It must be nice (or sad depending on your viewpoint) to have so much spare time on your hands.

I play with quick games the most often mainly because having kids, stressful job, kids activities, etc... I just don't have the time I used to have to play games. I did play a game on Marathon (Huge) about a month ago and it took me approximately 3-4 full weeks to finish. That is much too long a period of time to play a single map in civ.

Though, if time weren't such a factor for me, I would probably play Epic/Marathon most often.

I like Huge+ maps with max civs, so I can't tolerate anything slower than Normal. Last time I tried Marathon, it was just so booooooring. I was taking over entire continents and thinking "damn, now there are even more continents to grab, and hundreds of units to build and move, and it's only the middle ages....zzzzz...."

Top Bottom