1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What speed do you enjoy playing most?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by jpinard, Jul 28, 2007.

?

What speed do you enjoy playing most?

1. Quick

14 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. Normal

85 vote(s)
    24.6%
  3. Epic

131 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. Marathon

114 vote(s)
    32.9%
  5. Modded speed (please describe in post)

2 vote(s)
    0.6%
  1. Osama Bin Davis

Osama Bin Davis Warlord

I am with you. I think the early stages arent long enough. Id like to see maybe double or triple the game length of marathon, I like to take my time and enjoy periods of technology rather than zooming past certain areas.

2. Seras

Seras BuildingMonger

Marathon. i like being able to build up an army and actually use it before it goes obsolete. Marathon also allows for more pronounced eras which i enjoy. ..with faster speeds there's entires branches of units that come and go without ever being built

i tried epic but find the tech rate is too fast while the building rate is too slow(relatively).

3. Craterus22

Craterus22 King

I enjoy quick tiny maps with 34 civs... quick seems to spread out the wonders to more civs...

4. JBConquests

JBConquests Prince

It must be nice (or sad depending on your viewpoint) to have so much spare time on your hands.

I play with quick games the most often mainly because having kids, stressful job, kids activities, etc... I just don't have the time I used to have to play games. I did play a game on Marathon (Huge) about a month ago and it took me approximately 3-4 full weeks to finish. That is much too long a period of time to play a single map in civ.

Though, if time weren't such a factor for me, I would probably play Epic/Marathon most often.

5. Permanganate

Permanganate Chieftain

I like Huge+ maps with max civs, so I can't tolerate anything slower than Normal. Last time I tried Marathon, it was just so booooooring. I was taking over entire continents and thinking "damn, now there are even more continents to grab, and hundreds of units to build and move, and it's only the middle ages....zzzzz...."