What terrain /improvement do you currently live on?

Grassland hills, adjacent to grassland farms on one side, coast and a natural wonder on the other.

umm, a island about 7 hex's big. it was all covered in rainforest but they cleared out half for plantations. city state of Brunei on the top hex
It's rarely worth it to clear rainforest before building plantations, unless the extra population and production is needed asap

I live in a Campus district on a grassland, although I'm no longer in the University's Housing. To the south is plains, the rest of the district is bordered by marsh, citrus plantations and cattle pastures.

It's rarely worth it to clear rainforest before building plantations, unless the extra population and production is needed asap

Yeah, I mean, it costs 1 food per turn for the rest of the game.

I live in a CS. a Coastal city tile that was founded on a cleared Rainforest. On a 7 tile island,(1 tile wide and 7 tiles long). There is an adjacent Harbor district, commercial district, and neighborhood district. I live in the city center.

I come from the Jerusalem CS, a neighborhood on a hill next to a campus district with good mountain adjacency, in view of the Dead Sea natural wonder. Quite a good place. I rent in a neighborhood north of a culture\commercial complex that is Tel-Aviv Not a bad place except all the mountains and deserts that aren't very productive (and Petra is just across the border!) and the occasional rebels.

Live in residential neighborhood on grassland with coast to the east, forest (with deer) to north-east, campus to northwest, another neighborhood west and southwest, and cite-centre (capital) south-east.

Was forrest / grassland / hill / coastal but sometime in the early industrial era someone plopped a city-centre on it.

desert, or perhaps desert oasis? Make that desert next to a river (the Colorado river), but deserts next to rivers in Civ6 don't give any bonus that I know of (though commercial districts will get a bonus of course). Perhaps my city could be considered a commercial district. My city is Las Vegas by the way.

I say oasis because we do have a natural source of water, but it isn't much, and can't sustain our 2 million people. The river sustains our 2 million people, not the original spring (that created the meadow that our city's namesake comes from).

I'd call it a regular desert square (I don't think settling on an oasis gives you extra food does it?) next to a river with a commercial hub next to it, and an aqueduct next to it as well. Too bad we don't have Petra nearby, then we could have a decent manufacturing base. :)

On Earth maps I tend to settle on the tile that is closest to my city even if it isn't the greatest city location. I sustain it using trade routes mostly.

Last edited:
If goats can show up in trees...

I would have said Lampreys instead of fish, but Lampreys aren't really a standard resource yet.

It may just be me, but I can't remember any Civ game where goats were a resource...

It may just be me, but I can't remember any Civ game where goats were a resource...

As far as I'm aware, they haven't. I was referring to real goats. Some varieties climb trees.

Wasn't very funny I guess.

Hard to tell. It's all covered by a city center. Was grassland/hills/woods before, I'd guess. And there's a river with a commercial district nearby.

It was the case of the Dutch forward-settling the Iroquois too, I think :D

City Centre next to a lake (would definitely be a multi-tile lake). Although the city's stadium and Arena are both pretty close by, as is the city's commerce district as well. Probably would have been grassland/forest 200+ years ago.

Flat grassland that on Civ VI scale would count as adjacent to a river; and has the neighborhood district. Prior to the neighborhood district having been finished here in the 1950s it was farmland and prior to 1830s it was forest.

I live in a neighborhood district surrounded by plains to the east, and mountains to the west

Appeal penalties for Aerodromes in Civ6 are ridiculously exaggerated.
I know what you mean. Appeal in Civ VI is kind of a mix of property value and population density, but IRL those two things are often inversely correlated.

Also worth mentioning: The city celebrates its 375th birthday and the country itself its 150th.

It's full of celebrations all over the place.

Plain Hills. Grasslands are inferior. Food gets bottlenecked but production doesn't.

Top Bottom