What The Heck Does This Mean???

royfurr

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern"
OK, sorry for my dense mind, but this one does stump me ...

In the Editor, the Units tab, there's a Catagory box called "Unit Abilities", things like "Can carry tactical Missles", "Can see Subs", "Starts Golden Age" etc.- Special abilities and classification for units. When you select a specific unit type, any special abilities or classification become high-lighted, as appropriate for the unit selected (UU's get "Start Golden Age", and so forth). Units can of course have more then one of these items selected, depending on the unit.

The last one on the list, is "Turn to Attack". I saw it listed for "Radar Artillery". Puzzled by what it meant, I went through the entire list of units to see what others, if any, also had this "Turn to Attack" ability. 7 others did, ALL naval units (although not all naval units). They were:
Galley
Caravel
Frigate
Galleon
Battleship
Man-O-War
Privateer

No other naval (or any other) units had this "Turn to Attack".

I seem to have a mental block here- what the heck does this mean? Naturally, its not listed in the index of the Manual or the so-called Strategy Guide (but then, a lot of other pretty significant things are not listed thereon- look for "Diplomatic Screen" or "colony", amonst others. It's really amazing how hard it is to find precise information sometimes. Admittedly, this IS a complicated game.)

Anyway- HELP!!??? What DOES this mean!!???

If I remember correctly, all the units you mentioned turn sideways before attacking.. So that might be it. "Turn [sideways] to attack"

narmox-

That's got to be it, I bet. Thanks for your post. It was driving me batty!!

If anyone has any reason to think its something else, please post!

Top Bottom