What the hell Greece? (i.e. 1.16 Greece Regent/Epic)

Gritzeldrei

Warlord
Hello again. I am currently trying to complete the Historical Victories of all ancient - medical era civs. Currently, I am stuck with the Greeks. Their UHV conditions seem to be a REAL pain in the ass. 1st UHV requires you to complete all the technologies required while requiring to build the historical Greek wonders WHILE conquering the Persians, Egyptians, and Babylonians.

Any way or guide for me to complete this damn civ? They are a real pain in the ass (including Rome and China)

Statue of Zeus + Despotism allows you to whip out fresh soldiers in newly conquered cities immediately, allowing your military campaign to continue at a fast pace! You'll also want to emphasize running scientists when you can, in order to take advantage of Greece's ability of increased :gp: rate.

A good step for Greek UHV is to rush an attack to Egypt since first turn.
Settle Athens, settle your second city over a copper (Balkans or Cyprus), upgrade immediatly those militia units and ship everything to Egypt.
Athens can be unguarded for almost all your game.
Conquer Egypt ASAP, control Pyramids, get Great Engineers and build your wonders.
Then cross the Red Sea and go for Babylon.
You should control Babylon before Phoenician spring.
Stand by and wait (usually AI moves units around and leave just a couple of archers to garrison their city).
Attack, and Phoenicians will implode.

The rest of the game is the hard part.

If you know what to do, Greek UHV is pretty simple. I played Monarch/Epic and got through with just 2-3 restarts for a few turns. You have 3 hoplites at the beginning. You capture Egypt and Babylon with them. I think I lost one in Egypt. Don't wait too long. As soon as they are cured, go to Babylon, it will collapse after the capture of the capital. There are still 2 independent cities left in my game that you are destroying. Then it's the turn of Phoenicia and Irusalim. Believe me, you only need 2 hoplites for this., if they are properly improved. The capital of Egypt will give you a great scientist right away, and then other great people will help you explore the necessary technologies for UHV and miracles. Control the growth of captured cities until your core grows. Troops in the capital of Egypt, and the conquest of Persia.

Top Bottom