What things in fiction are turnoffs to you?

Inadequate or non-existent research.

In "Mr. Monk Bumps his Head," kids are being stung at night at the town's lovers lane.
:mad: Bees use the sun to navigate & therefore don't fly at night. Tow truck diver is afraid to move a car because it may have some residual angry bees and is told, not to worry.The beekeeper has tb bees tucked in and they're sleeping. :mad: Bees don't sleep during the day.

Last edited:
I like this actress. But why did they have to cast a girl that white to play a character named Alvarado?

I like this actress. But why did they have to cast a girl that white to play a character named Alvarado?

*shrug* I was good friends with a girl in college whose parents were from Mexico, she had a Spanish name, and was blond with blue eyes.

I know a Hispanic fellow named O'Malley.

Her casting isn't that far out of reach, though a more visibly Latina actress would raise less eyebrows.

I know a Hispanic fellow named O'Malley.

Her casting isn't that far out of reach, though a more visibly Latina actress would raise less eyebrows.

I knew a guy in college who was from Puerto Rico and was about as white as I am. It's not that it doesn't happen. But Hollywood has been accused, rightfully, of whitewashing often enough you'd think they might start to get a little less tone deaf.

Top Bottom