• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

What thread subject do you hate the most?

What thread subject fo you hate the most?

• Culture Flipping sucks.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • The Combat System sucks (the classic Tank vs. Spearman debate)

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • The AI Cheats

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • I'm Losing! It's a Bug! Fix it!

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Corruption Sucks.

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
Any thread that prompts somebody to type in caps "FIX IT FIRAXIS" or "PATCH IT NOW" pretty much sucks.

Kitten, thanks for the clarification; I did understand what you meant as it turned out and agree with you.
Thunderfall - I trust my source every bit as much as I do my son when he defends something particularly ridiculous/unbelievable with the I read it on the internet defense. Of course, he normally does it to get a rise out of his mother and is seldom disappointed. As he will only be a teenager for four more days, perhaps his behaviour will undergo a significant change soon. As for the character of the reliable source, I can assure you that the person is of peerless intelligence, honesty and integrity - since it was me. Hope everyone recognized that the remark was supposed to be ironic.

As for Zouave et al, you are allowed your opinions just as I am allowed mine. I too play a heavily self-modded version of an LWC mod because it suits my preferences better than vanilla Civ3. However, one should recognize that the evil Firaxis was kind enough to provide us with an editor to do so. Even in the US, we are only guaranteed the pursuit of happiness, not an editor with every game; even so, just as with the editor, actually catching the happiness is up to us. And there is a huge, huge difference between designing a game, writing the code and then not only creating an editor but making the game robust enough to work with all those possible mods and the use of that editor of that editor to make a mod. No slight to Plutarck et al whose excellent work benefits us all.

I wish the editor was more powerful. I wish some of the hard-coded stuff wasn't. But I like the game and I like how easy it already is to 'personalize'. And I expect that it will just keep getting better. If that makes me a hopeless fanboy, so be it.

Originally posted by Zouave
Yes, I could go on for pages.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever that you could. :cry:

Thunderfall - I trust my source every bit as much as I do my son when he defends something particularly ridiculous/unbelievable with the I read it on the internet defense. Of course, he normally does it to get a rise out of his mother and is seldom disappointed. As he will only be a teenager for four more days, perhaps his behaviour will undergo a significant change soon. As for the character of the reliable source, I can assure you that the person is of peerless intelligence, honesty and integrity - since it was me. Hope everyone recognized that the remark was supposed to be ironic.

ah, so it was meant as a joke. Sorry, with so many whining posts in the forum it's hard to distinguish between them. There are people who hate Civ3 so much that they say all kinds of things to insult Firaxis and the effort the Civ3 team put into the game. These people really believe Civ3 was made in 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos

I HATE SEEING THE SAME FRIGGIN' THREAD TOPICS AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!

Exactly. I agree with many points Civ3 haters/whiners raised and I think Firaxis should address those issues in the next patch. We just hate to see them post the same thing every chance they get. :p :nuke:

Originally posted by Thunderfall

ah, so it was meant as a joke. Sorry, with so many whining posts in the forum it's hard to distinguish between them. There are people who hate Civ3 so much that they say all kinds of things to insult Firaxis and the effort the Civ3 team put into the game. These people really believe Civ3 was made in 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

Exactly. I agree with many points Civ3 haters/whiners raised and I think Firaxis should address those issues in the next patch. We just hate to see them post the same thing every chance they get. :p :nuke:

Glad the board is with us! :goodjob:

Top Bottom