1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Civ2] What to buy...

Discussion in 'Civ2 - General Discussions' started by Anon Pharaoh of Egypt, Mar 14, 2019.

?

Should I get chronicles or MGE

This poll will close on May 2, 2019 at 7:56 AM.
  1. Chronicles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. MGE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Anon Pharaoh of Egypt

Anon Pharaoh of Egypt Chieftain

So I saw Civ 2 gold edition and chronicles are cheap somewhere, but there's a tiny catch involving which one has the complete soundtrack or if there is a way to patch the soundtrack in.

Chronicles has Civ 2 and its expantion packs (FW having almost all the tracks of the game) but there is a chance the older games might not work without heavy patching.

MGE is stable after a few patches on Win 10 but only comes with four of the many tracks that most of the other discs comes with

PS:I have Civ2 vanilla with the expansions but the download to convert the vanilla game to MGE does not exist, thus me asking what to get.

Forgive me if this isn't the place to ask this, I'm rather new here and am desperate for help playing an awesome game. If a Moderator would post this where it needs to be I would be thankful.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019