What to do next?

Theov

Deity
It's a monarch game on Earth as the Mayas. The Incas are down south and the rest is spread along Earth - no contact has been made with us.
We are quite equal, but I'm running away lately.

I'm in peace now, but I'm contemplating War; I've settled all of north and middle america and built the FP at 'Oklahoma' (that area).

My idea now is to build 4 galleys, make landfall on the hills next to Cusco and rip their literal and metaphorical hearts out.
I'll wait till I've finished 8 musketmen and park them on the hills/mountains there. I wonder if the AI will attack that.

I like that option better than a long battle on the mountains up north.

Ideas?

(Yes. A sharp eye will notice I've lost Uaxactún to a culture flip.)

Attachments

• mayas570.JPG
    mayas570.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 142
  • Smoke-Jaguar of the Maya, 570 AD.SAV
    302.2 KB · Views: 32
Load said boats, send them to their mission and in the meanwhile have the rest of your forces swarm like locusts into Incan territory.

How many turns away from MT? Do you have horses and (obviously) salpeter? What kind of map is this?

How many turns away from MT? Do you have horses and (obviously) salpeter? What kind of map is this?
I've only just done gunpowder in this screen. So Musketmen it will be. I'm researching quite fast.
Believe it or not, but I'm not kidding when I say that yes, this Earth has Horses in north america. And yes, I have saltpeter.
Here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=437430
I've gone and made this map a little more playable by taking out the one-tile islands (can't conquer them until you have marines, which is a huge pain because the AI LOVES the crap out of them), reducing the number of resources and luxuries and taking away horses from the Americas.

(historically an ancient breed of horses died out in america at the end of the Pleistocene but were brought back by the european colonists in 1493)

What level is this?

I'm a bit puzzled why you didn't send out a galley to make contacts for tech trading an era ago.

Not home, so I can't look at the save file, but from the screenshot I take it they probably haven't been to war before, so they probably have a huge army of MI. The only way tocounter this is to have a huger or better army. Cavalry is not far away (trade horses with the old world), so I would just wait a little bit make a Cavalry storm.

What level is this?

I'm a bit puzzled why you didn't send out a galley to make contacts for tech trading an era ago.

Not home, so I can't look at the save file, but from the screenshot I take it they probably haven't been to war before, so they probably have a huge army of MI. The only way tocounter this is to have a huger or better army. Cavalry is not far away (trade horses with the old world), so I would just wait a little bit make a Cavalry storm.

Because I can't cross the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean with a galley. Indeed, no wars yet.

Thanks for the link Theov! I'm too lazy to find things like that. I'm going to play this one.

A galley (probably a curragh too) should be able to cross the Bering strait?

Otherwise, beelining for astronomy is the key. In retrospect, sofa general kind of style ;)

Thanks for the link Theov! I'm too lazy to find things like that. I'm going to play this one.

A galley (probably a curragh too) should be able to cross the Bering strait?

Otherwise, beelining for astronomy is the key. In retrospect, sofa general kind of style ;)
It's a cool map.
I've attached my modifications, it has a little less resources than the original one. There are also less one-tile islands and minor adjustments around Indonesia.
I've also put the Celts on Australia. Because... that's better.
Since you've asked; no, the Bering Strait is also ocean, the maker did it on purpose to simulate the age of explorers later in the games.

Attachments

• TK Earth (Standard1).rar
    57.6 KB · Views: 44
Since you've asked; no, the Bering Strait is also ocean, the maker did it on purpose to simulate the age of explorers later in the games.

:confused:
I looked at the map: there is a 2-tile gap in the Bering Strait, so safely crossable by Curragh. Also there are several 3-tile gaps which are safe for galleys: from Greenland to England, from Canada to England and from Cuba to Morocco. You could have made contact 1-2 thousand years ago?!
(Or is ocean modified to make it "unpassable" for galleys, e.g. like mountain for wheeled units?)

:confused:
I looked at the map: there is a 2-tile gap in the Bering Strait, so safely crossable by Curragh. Also there are several 3-tile gaps which are safe for galleys: from Greenland to England, from Canada to England and from Cuba to Morocco. You could have made contact 1-2 thousand years ago?!
(Or is ocean modified to make it "unpassable" for galleys, e.g. like mountain for wheeled units?)
indeed, you can't.
I actually like that better also. Especially on Earth, like I said, it simulates the AoD. Also, when you play anywhere else (europe/asia), it's always an adventure to finally set sail into the Americas.
It adds depth to the game.

just casually looking at screenshot I wonder why you want cusco. amphibious operations take more time and are riskier.

I would go for uaxecan to the south and oteher unamed city then sweep east or west to go after cuzco

Top Bottom