What to do with extra settlers.

Markus5

Code Monkey
If you end up with an extra settler, what do you do with it? In Civ3, you can have them join a city.

Save it for a rainy day if you can, since they're costly to create early on. Otherwise locate your delete key.

Do workers and settlers cost the same as military units to maintain? Saving them for later or deleting them are the only options, depending on whether it costs to keep them.

I sometimes use them to set up a culture bomb or save them to use inside enemy territory... after it becomes my territory :)

i send them out with my largest army, so that if i take out a civ, i dont have to use their lousy crushed cities, i just build one on thier best spot (which the AI doesnt seem to know exsists) and set 4-7 units on it and have the city build culture. easy expantion, and the worker's job has already been done for the most part ;)

Actually I would liek to see a mod where you have a city limit, and you cant capture or build cities beyond your limit. This could be awsome mod, for team play especially. The map could be small or large. Lets say the limit is 6, so you keep 6 settlers on hand incase your empire is overrun so you can cut and run :) And maybe settle behimd your teammate and try to rebuild, or sailt o a far off land and try to amek a comeback.

Sadly extra settlers are rather useless now. Occasionally they can help with a culture bomb, but quite often they're no use at all.

I'm not even going to begin to go into why I hate the idea of a city limit...

How can settlers help with a culture bomb?

I've exploded a few of these and gotten mixed results. But, I don't see how a settler fits in. Unless you mean that with the territory expansion that sometimes occurs, you can find a place to found a new city.

Markus5 said:
How can settlers help with a culture bomb?

I've exploded a few of these and gotten mixed results. But, I don't see how a settler fits in. Unless you mean that with the territory expansion that sometimes occurs, you can find a place to found a new city.

Settle in a place right on the enemy boder then send in your "leader" to add 4000 culture to the city expanding the borders. == culture bomb

Top Bottom