1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What to expect from A Hillary Clinton presidency?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CavLancer, Feb 24, 2016.

1. CavLancer

CavLancer This aint fertilizer

To say the least, I'm not inspired. Don't know why, haven't been back in the US enough to detail specific reasons. Its not that she's a woman, don't care about that. It just seems to me that if her handlers all took a day off we would see something bizarre. The emails thing I have heard about, hardly inspiring to the folks who are supposed to keep our secrets, and anyone in a top job needs to be a leader and inspire. Hope I'm wrong about her.

I do not vote against someone, I have to like em to bother, but if I did I might vote for her just to see Trump lose.

What awful choices we have! Hope someone, anyone, is there besides Trump. Hillary is a given, yes? There is no hope there?

What do you expect from a Hillary presidency?

2. GoodEnoughForMe

GoodEnoughForMe n.m.s.s.

Largely the same policy as Obama, although she has had a bit of a hawkish streak and I doubt she'll be as responsive to issues of black and Native Americans. She can probably negotiate her way to a few bipartisan reforms, such as earned income tax credit for men, and maybe some infrastructure spending boosts. And she absolutely will use executive power when necessary. The question really is if Congress will be what they have been for the last year (signs of activity again) or what they kind of are doing right now all over (not hearing Obama's SCOTUS appointee, his budget, stonewalling, et al).

3. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

Candy apples for all the good children and margaritas on tap.

It ain't going to happen. Marco Rubio could beat. Even Bernie Sanders has a shot.

J

4. Aea

Aea Prince

But of course. Any day now she'll be indicted for Benghazi. Err I mean emails! Yeah emails!

:lol:

5. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

She's a part of the establishment, so, more of the same.

6. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

The hypothetical for this question is what would happen if she became president, which has nothing to do with what her chances are.

I think she'll basically just be Obama but with extra bonus military interventions, such as the "no-fly zone" over Syria which, as her behavior in Libya makes clear, is a euphemism for an explicitly pro-rebel campaign of airstrikes against the Assad regime. I don't see why the Republicans would be more willing to compromise with her than with him, except where it makes strategic sense for some reason or another.

7. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

Obama 2.0, essentially. Which is not at all a bad thing. :)

8. civvver

civvver Deity

She'll be like Obama but more corporate. More bailouts, corporate handouts etc all disguised as good social policies. I mean ACA is pretty much a gigantic handout to insurance companies at expense of tax payers.

9. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

Obama only the Republicans will look better.

10. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

lol, right.

11. west india man

west india man Immortal

I'd like to see which definition of ''not at all a bad thing'' involves bombing seven countries

12. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

President Obama has done a good job considering first off WHO he was working with, and what he was handed.

13. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Lies and more lies. :mischief:

14. Nexlev

Nexlev King

Healthcare has always been her pet project. I would expect her to attempt to fix Obamacare, but I don't know what that would look like. Her views on healthcare have evolved and I'm not sure where she's landed.

More world police. From what I've read, Clinton is a believer in our responsibility to use our military prowess to "improve" the world. In contrast to say, George Bush, she would prioritize interventions that had the support or at the request of our allies in Europe.

To a degree, some things would depend on her running mate. I'm convinced that Bill's actions on the environmental issues were because of Gore, I don't think that's a big priority for the Clintons.

More financial bailouts for wall street. The Clintons are very cozy with the financial sector and definitely look to them for guidance on how to address the economy.

A lot of controversy and conspiracy theorists.

Constant strife with Republicans in congress.

15. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

Right, because adding over 8 million jobs, increasing wind and solar power by an astonishing 260%, dropping unemployment below 5%, increasing new car efficiency by 20%, lowering the number of uninsured Americans by 16 million, and cutting the deficit by around a third, are all signs of failure. :rolleyes:

16. west india man

west india man Immortal

Obama hasn't stopped US police from killing at least 2473 people during his Presidency - And counting

17. Farm Boy

Farm Boy Deity

I am not impressed by the confluence of Drill Baby Drill and the long term unemployed being removed from the rolls either as a weapon for, or against, the current executive administration.

18. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

Because the President has ultimate authority over everything, right? :rolleyes:

Also I would argue it's not because he doesn't want to, but because Congress refuses to do ANYTHING.

19. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

@Zelet all pretty much good though the deficit part is both a sign of health but a potential cause of problems. Remember that cutting the deficit means cutting money out of the private sector (i.e. people) that can only be made up for by increasing bank loans.

20. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

I mean, I don't see deficits as a problem in most cases. The problem is when we spend deficits on destructive things like the Iraq war, rather than on educating our people, or rebuilding our roads. :p