what total convertion do you want the mod community to work on first?

preffered first complete mod you want to see of cbe:

• Dune

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • SMAC

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Warhammer 40k

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Star Trek

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • star wars

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Battlestar Galactica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marvel Cosmic Universe

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • none if these because I have a better sci-fi idea, namely.....

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • none of these because I hate total mods and/or sci-fi

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • omg they are all so cool I can't decide!

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Fabio1701

King
What complete conversion of cbe into another sci-fi concept would you like to see first coming out of the mod community?

Most SciFi ist about space travel and therefore multiple planets or about earths future, seldom about colonizing a single planet (even though i love that theme).

But Dune comes to mind, being centered mainly on a single planet (the first 3 books at least).
Then Alpha Centauri obviously.
I'd love a Mars conversion too (more terraforming + more factions)

Dune. They already have the worms, they already have a resource system that can be used to represent melange. Plus, it is my favorite scifi book ever. It is in fact one of the only three books I have a physical copy of.

Please we know the SMAC mod is coming, it is just a question of when. ;)

That said, Warhammer 40k

Civ V in Space. Try and recreate as much of Civ V (and older games) as possible, as if it was a continuation of the space victory. Add in the old civs and leaders and cities that we all love! Since we don't really know everything about the game yet, it's hard to say exactly what would need to be done to make it feel right though.

Civ IV's Final Frontier mod by Jon Schafer (also known as galactic civ's creator) would be sweeeeeeet!:goodjob:

Fall from Heaven, SMAC and Civ V IN SPACE (with restored city states and religion like mechanic) in that order.

Dune. They already have the worms, they already have a resource system that can be used to represent melange. Plus, it is my favorite scifi book ever. It is in fact one of the only three books I have a physical copy of.

True, plus it is both distinct enough from the original game (unlike SMAC) to be interesting, but also lends itself well to the "semi-hostile factions on a single planet" game style.

The factions could be House Atreides (tends to choose Harmony), House Harkonnen (Supremacy), Imperial House Corrino (Purity), Bene Gesserit (Purity), Tleilaxu (Supremacy), Ix (Supremacy), Spacing Guild (probably Purity or Supremacy) and Fremen (Harmony).

Alternatively, Fremen could be represented by aliens.

So many options. Dune and SMAC are two big ones. Star Wars and Star Trek would be nice too. A sequel to Fall from Heaven 2 would be awesome, especially with the paths you are going to be able to take in vanilla Beyond Earth seeming to able good choices for Fall from Heaven players. Anyway many paths can be taken for mods.

There are 3 conversion mods that I'd like to play.
1) Dune of course.
2) SMAC
3) Starship Troopers

Top Bottom