What type of movie storyline do you want to see more of?

farting bob

ThEy MaDe Me Do iT.
A spin off to the "whats wrong with the movie industry?" thread, where some people said the movies are boring and predictable.
So, what basic storyline would you like to see made into a film?

I want to see a big hollywood movie where the bad guy wins. No last minute impossible victory from near death from our hero, no cliffhanger, no chance of revenge in a crappy sequel.
I really cant think of many (if any) big films of the last decade where the bad guy wins. Why is this? Do they think the audience will get angry that the most overused cliche in the industry is broken, that the hero doesnt save the day, get the girl and justice is done? I rekon most of the audience will actually enjoy a good movie that the bad guy wins.

farting bob said:
I want to see a big hollywood movie where the bad guy wins.

Just saw Mystic River and ostensibly the bad guy of the movie gets no punishment.

New storylines, no more cop movies, or if you are going to do the same story agin be honest about it like the Theatre industry.

farting bob said:
I want to see a big hollywood movie where the bad guy wins. No last minute impossible victory from near death from our hero, no cliffhanger, no chance of revenge in a crappy sequel.
I really cant think of many (if any) big films of the last decade where the bad guy wins. Why is this? Do they think the audience will get angry that the most overused cliche in the industry is broken, that the hero doesnt save the day, get the girl and justice is done? I rekon most of the audience will actually enjoy a good movie that the bad guy wins.

Star Wars: Episode 3

Just don't look hollywood movies.
I want (and often also look) realistical films which tell a story. Something you can learn off. These films can also provide comedy. And if I want fast laughters/comedy, there's always the tv producing such shows en masse. And I really don't care about action... :)

mitsho

puglover said:
Star Wars: Episode 3
The bad guy does not win in that, he mearly survives, only to be killed later. By win, i mean he kills the good guy, and gets away with it, or carries out his devious plans before he can be stopped.
Havent seen mystic river, ive heard its an ok film though.
EDIT: the 1 really good movie that fits this bill ice seen recently was saw. If anybody says they suspected that ending, they are lying.

The movies have gotten away from the business of telling good stories. I want to understand the psychology and motivations of the characters. I don't need to see special effects, or an explosion or a car chase every 5 minutes. There are plenty of good stories and novels out there already. I read a novel called 'The Impressionist' a couple of years ago that would make an interesting screenplay. Cannot remember the author's name, it was something Indian.

i want to see more mistery movies. and not the crap where the "detective" doesnt know what's going on but the viewer does.
if want to walk out of the theatre arguing with whoever i watched it with about who the killer/evildoer was. unanswered questions at the end of movies are GREAT.
also, if some of these were from the killer's perspective, that would be cool.
how to go about hiding from and confusing the cops and so on.
basicaly educational films on how to be a bad guy would be nice.
also i like cartoon movies (to watch in movie theatres). so more of those would be nice.

farting bob said:
the 1 really good movie that fits this bill ice seen recently was saw. If anybody says they suspected that ending, they are lying.
The problem with that is the ending was the only good thing about that movie.

Oh, and I'd like to see more musicals and more romantic comedies where the couple doesn't end up together.

Most movies are crap, but if you look close enough you'll find some gems, in Hollywood and elsewhere. Even movies where the bad guy wins.

More awesome ninja movies.

I love it when the bad guys win in films like James Bond (I know they never do, but I wish they did, just to see his face!).

a good comedy would be nice. not a romantic/action comedy just a comedy.

I long to see a movie without amazing sized plot holes that try to make up for it with insane ammounts of computerized graphics. I would like to see a good action movie where the good guy bad guy complex is blured. I find it dull that the good guy is a perfect angel that never did anything wrong and the bad guy is someone that never did anything right. oh and let the bad guy win. other than that just originality so I'm not predicting the end halfway into the movie.

The Usual Suspects

As for me, I'd really like to see more cop movies involving a black and white guy who don't get along at first but resolve their differences. Those never get old.

farting bob said:
Its because cycologcly humans always root for the good guy and are disapointed if he fails. Its not just the modern movies that do this its been like this since ancient Mesopotania.

I wont to see more films where you can sit back and admire the acting and dilogue with nothing that much going on.

I want a hero that doesn't take crap from anyone especially not from women or children, because that psuedosexist crap is just way to played out. I would like to see a damsel in distress for once too. (At first competant, capable women were great in stories but now they are just as played out as damsels in distress were in the thirties, they all seem to be cardboard cutouts now.) I would like to see the main character die in a horror movie. I would like to see no more children in movies. As a matter of fact that one is so important to me that I will retype it, I would like to see no more children in movies. I would like to have fortune tellers and destiny and all that crap turn out to be false for once. I would also like to see someone other than the same three or four people get certain types or rolls. (some people are so typecast now that I don't even bother seeing a movie that has them starring in it as the lead)

edit-Whoops, topic is about storylines. (not characters) Alright I would like one where someone/thing that is usually portrayed as a villian is portrayed as a hero. But after that movie they go back to showing that type of person as a villian. (case in point: too many 90's movies with criminals as the heros)

Syterion said:
As for me, I'd really like to see more cop movies involving a black and white guy who don't get along at first but resolve their differences. Those never get old.

Ha ha, awesome.

I want to see more movies that show humanity a few decades from now in a great system instead of the following:

Robots revolt
Apocalyptic battles
Alien invasion- only if we can beat them down too, equal powers
Evil governments
Collapsed world
Zombies, ugh

Just something that gives us optimism in this crazy world.

The bad guy won in Payback. Mel Gibson wasn't the baddest bad guy in the movie but still he was bad. I mean the tip thing was loooww.

I'd like to see more feel good war movies. We've been at war against terror for years now. Where are those movies at? Come on! By the end of WW2, the Duke had been in more WW2 battles in movies than most soldiers in real life. Even Vietnam produced more (but depressing) fare. I don't expect Hollywood to be able to top the wonderful yet cheesy cold war '80's (Spies Like Us, Red Dawn, Etc...), but they can atleast make an attempt.

More historical themes that aren't perverted by the writers. A compelling screenplay could be written about John Adams defending the soldiers in the Boston Massacre without rewriting the history. It would have courtroom drama, ethical dilemmas, and smoky flintlocks on a snowy Boston day. Too bad writers are too lazy to do this.

Keshik said:
More historical themes that aren't perverted by the writers. A compelling screenplay could be written about John Adams defending the soldiers in the Boston Massacre without rewriting the history. It would have courtroom drama, ethical dilemmas, and smoky flintlocks on a snowy Boston day. Too bad writers are too lazy to do this.

Great idea! Why don't you take a stab at writing the screenplay? (No, I am not being sarcastic.)

Top Bottom