what type of victory do you hate?

Query: If I turn off some of the victory conditions (say, everything but Conquest :D), does the AI know that? It just wouldn't be fair to have civs building spaceship parts in the middle of a world war.

Culture and time.

Query: If I turn off some of the victory conditions (say, everything but Conquest :D), does the AI know that? It just wouldn't be fair to have civs building spaceship parts in the middle of a world war.
I don't think it does.

Nah. In BTS, Culture Wins with Sid's and Jewellers is definitely the faster option. You would have to want Space pretty bad to get it - it's just not as fast a default win condition as Culture is. If you have 2 or 3 religions, you don't even need Eiffel or Rock and Roll. Sid's and Jeweller's are the important pieces there, and if you can't get the Artist, then CreateCon is almost as good.

Time is something I've never actually acheived, though. Is there any good reason to pursue it?

I agree with Roxlimn. I usually go for cultural wins coupled with spreading my religion and my corporations. There is something innately satisfying about having the rest of the world adore my culture while I'm robbing them blind with my corporations.

The only two victory conditions I allow are Space and Conquest. If I can't knock everyone off the planet, then I'll find a new one for myself! :woohoo:

I'm not usually a big fan of culture victories, but they can be fun challenges on the odd occasion. it is always satisfying to get a pre-industrial era culture win.

I'm not usually a big fan of culture victories, but they can be fun challenges on the odd occasion. it is always satisfying to get a pre-industrial era culture win.

Those can be difficult...you have to play the religion game to get all those cathedral buildings. I've gotten to the point where I just barely enter the Industrial era and win a culture victory--I still can't accumulate enough before hitting the new era to win.

I win however Denniz tells me too!!

I mostly go for Cultural victory, sometimes conquest/domination, never for space race or time.

I've never won a diplomatic victory, although I always leave it as a victory option. I just can't figure out how to please people enough to win a diplo victory.

I mostly go for Cultural victory, sometimes conquest/domination, never for space race or time.

I've never won a diplomatic victory, although I always leave it as a victory option. I just can't figure out how to please people enough to win a diplo victory.

Have enough pop such that you plus your vassals (hint hint) have just over 60% of the votes, and you win UN.

AP is a little harder to explain. There are some games you can reference in my sig for an idea on how to do it easily.

You have made the mistake of assuming you need to "please" people to win a diplomatic victory. Very often, you can do a "backdoor" Domination victory by conquering the necessary votes and then by voting for yourself. Also, if you can get a small civilization to vote for you, having only one friend, then you can win more easily without having to backstab them.

That's actually one of the reasons I almost never have a Conquest or Dom victory. The AP or the UN usually comes along and allows me to vote myself a winner before I get a chance to force everyone else to say it at gunpoint!

I cant say i like or dislike time as it might aswell not exsist as a condition, but i turn it off anyway because if a game were to ever go on that long then i think i might want it to go on a bit longer.

Space i leave on just for the comps. Civ is ruined for me when the game becomes a simple tech race.

Ive always thought about trying for a culture victory but it seems impossible, you can be making 200 culture a turn in a city and it still will take like 750 turns to get maxed out(marathon).

Ive always thought about trying for a culture victory but it seems impossible, you can be making 200 culture a turn in a city and it still will take like 750 turns to get maxed out(marathon).

You want to be making at least 600+ cpt in the end of your final cultural push. For this you want nicely cottaged up culture cities and then shut off science (sometimes after liberalism/printing press/nationalism, sometimes later for culture corps and wonders)

Let all that commerce go into culture and let the cathedrals work their magic.

I have a very hard time with culture without US - so pyramids or democracy are pretty helpful.

The funny thing about culture is you can wait until mid-renaissance to decide to go for it, and it's still faster than space.

after seeing at third rate military power win a cultural victory essentially because I had left them alone militarily as an inconsequential nation, I always turn it off

speaking of preferences, do not allow vassalage since it overly complicates nation relations, and do not play BtW since I have yet to find a mod that turns off the annoying espionage "feature"

well.. actually you dont need a mod. just play a custom game and turn off espionage.

Top Bottom