What type of victory will be achieved?

What type of victory will be achieved in the MSDG?

• Conquest

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Cultural (20k)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cultural (100k)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diplomatic

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Domination

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Histograph

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Space race

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • The game will not be completed

• abstain

• Total voters

donsig

Low level intermediary
We've had a poll about who will win. Now let's talk about how the winner will win...

This is a private poll. No :scan: allowed.

You may vote for only one option.

This is an interesting question, it really depends on what strategy all the teams go for and how it will all play out in the game since there still is a lot of playing to do. If i was to guess right now i would be leaning towards a domination or conquest victory as being the main possiblities but then again in another 50 or so turns it might look different.

If domination/conquest attempts fail, it will probably end up as a spacerace. Since all the teams have some very good players, it will be very hard to conquer enemies. But i'd really like to see a diplo victory.

azzaman333 said:
If domination/conquest attempts fail, it will probably end up as a spacerace. Since all the teams have some very good players, it will be very hard to conquer enemies. But i'd really like to see a diplo victory.

I'd like to see a diplomatic victory too, so everyone vote for team doughnut so we can make it possible :D

Rik Meleet said:
Is "The game will not be completed" the same as "Team XYZ is declared winner because the other teams are either destroyed or gave up" ?

No, it's not the same. Gotta get to the actual Civ III victory screen to qualify for one of these options. If there are teams left but no one to play them and then game play stops, I call that game not completed.

BTW, what does happen if one or more teams are still *alive* but there is no one to play them?

Robi D said:
I'd like to see a diplomatic victory too, so everyone vote for team doughnut so we can make it possible :D
I seriously doubt that would be possible considering the way how this has run so far. :p

MIA is planning to trigger every victory condition in the same turn, so which should I vote for?

Chamnix said:
MIA is planning to trigger every victory condition in the same turn, so which should I vote for?
conquest and UN in the same turn??? that would be fairly magical

Chamnix said:

Wow, those Greeks really ARE the smartest in Meleet! :eek:

I cannot believe how many votes there are for conquest! We are not playing the stupid AI here. It may be very amusing to look back at this poll near the end of the game.

donsig said:
Wow, those Greeks really ARE the smartest in Meleet! :eek:

I cannot believe how many votes there are for conquest! We are not playing the stupid AI here. It may be very amusing to look back at this poll near the end of the game.

That's interesting logic donsig, however i would think the opposite is true since we are not playing against AI players

Robi D said:
That's interesting logic donsig, however i would think the opposite is true since we are not playing against AI players

General Robi D, are you saying human players are easier to conquer than the AI? :confused:

I doubt any of the teams will be eliminated so I don't see a conquest victory. I don't see a domination victory either since the team that get's a leg up will only end up facing the combined strength of the other three. Culture will be difficult. Doesn't look like anyone wants a 20K city and it's too easy to maintain cultural parity and prevent any team from getting the required 100K and 50% more than everyone else. Space race seems more possible but then again, all one has to do is capture the capital to destroy it. This may well go down to the wire as a histograph win.

Edit: Forgot diplo. Like any team is going to get two others to vote for it! :lol:

donsig said:
General Robi D, are you saying human players are easier to conquer than the AI? :confused:

I doubt any of the teams will be eliminated so I don't see a conquest victory. I don't see a domination victory either since the team that get's a leg up will only end up facing the combined strength of the other three. Culture will be difficult. Doesn't look like anyone wants a 20K city and it's too easy to maintain cultural parity and prevent any team from getting the required 100K and 50% more than everyone else. Space race seems more possible but then again, all one has to do is capture the capital to destroy it. This may well go down to the wire as a histograph win.

Edit: Forgot diplo. Like any team is going to get two others to vote for it! :lol:

No i'm not saying that human players are easier to conquer than the ai, but i would say its easier to achieve a conquest then domination, as i would say it easier to raze a few cities and destroy them that way. As for the space race victory i don't think it would be a huge problem as at the current rate of technological progress we should be ready to launch ships some time in the early 1900's so i would believe someone would manage to launch one before 2050. A Cultural victory looks doubtful at this point, since no ones rushing to build cultural improvments so i would say it would be one of the first 3 that decides the game

By far the most PBEM's are won by the rest giving up. It's no use continuing with your measly 3 cities and 20 units against an opponent that has 50 cities and 400 units.
Diplo: :lol: -> not in an all human game
Space: the first one to be able to nuke, does so in PBEM
Culture 100k: no way 1 player can get the double of the number 2
Culture 20k: a player focussing all culture into 1 cities neglects too many things for his nation to survive
Histo: too long
Dom: cities are mostly razed instaed of captured in PBEM
Conq: see my opening line of this post

Top Bottom