1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Units Do You Think Should Be In Civ5?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Killazeke14, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Killazeke14

Killazeke14 Chieftain

Besides the ones that have been confirmed what units do you think should be in civ5?

2. CoolLizy

CoolLizy King

Is it a bad thing to want mechs? Not mech. infantry, like robotic mech units. They were on the cover of Beyond the Sword, so I was always disappointed you never got them as a result of some new future tech or something. Obviously, the Japanese unique unit replacing it would be an Evangelion. Granted, it was still better than the original Civ where they decided to end units at World War II. :(

I'd also like to see the airship return as an early aireal unit. I thought that was one of the more interesting additions in BtS.

3. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

4. Tylerryan79

Tylerryan79 Emperor

I believe in Bts there was a scenario, and when you played it once you got to the future you could build mech units, clones and the like. I forget what its called, but its there.

5. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

Next War. Both a scenario and a sandbox mode in BTS.

If you played BTS and never found the mech units, you didn't look very hard.

Go "load a mod", load next war, then you can play a random map with all the Next War technologies on the end.

6. Killazeke14

Killazeke14 Chieftain

Yea you get mechs, dreadnoughts, clones, cyborgs, and new future buildings.;)

7. Tigernose

Tigernose Chieftain

We never see civ-specific modern units any more. An example for a possible Armenian civilization would be the MiG fighter jet, used in Soviet Union and CIS and sometimes internationally; it was designed by an Armenian.

8. bigdog5994

bigdog5994 Lady Day

i would like to see special forces

9. CoolLizy

CoolLizy King

I know where the mech unit is; I've sampled most of the mods in BtS at one time or another. I was hoping they'd be in the base game.

10. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

They *are* in the base game if you want them to be. Next War has both a Scenario mode and a Mod mode.

You can play the base game with all the Next War additions by playing it as a mod, not a scenario.

Yes, you have to click a couple of extra buttons. Other than that... what is it that you want, exactly?

11. CoolLizy

CoolLizy King

By "base" game, I don't mean a non-scenario, I mean playing the game without any mods.

I'd like the series to include more "future" units, buildings, and technology (like the mech). If a mod provides it, that's fine; there's nothing wrong with that. I just prefer that they be in the main game.

12. evirus

evirus Warlord

i think in regards to unique units there should be several for each nation, and something that goes beyond just "stronger" or "cheaper" in terms of the difference between it and what the unit replaces. this is especially needed for nations that typically see their unique units only late in the game.

13. toft

toft King

I would be the first to mod out all those future scifi units...

Anyways, it would be nice if Firaxis aligned the design-style of units and terrain a bit more. So far the screenshots have shown improved (pretty) terrain, and civ4-like Homer Simpson units - a bit more realism/pretty... pretty please?

14. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

So, you're complaining about having to push 2 buttons to load the mod?

The "mod" with the Nextwar loaded is 100% identical to the base game, but with the extra Nextwar content.

How does it matter to you whether its a mod or not?

And there are plenty of people who prefer their base game uninfected with science fiction - or who want the space race victory to occur from the present day tech.

15. Iván de España

Iván de España Chieftain

I would like the Tercio (real military unit, not like the Conquistador) as the Spanish unit.

16. Rusty Edge

Rusty Edge Deity

You mean Earth techs, don't you? If the game is going to have Mechs, I insist that it include Ewoks on hanggliders as a counter.:lol:

17. largedarryl

largedarryl Prince

I kind of need to agree with Ahriman here. The nextwar scenario is as close to the base game as you can get. If you were really concerned you could have made that mod load by default, then you would never know the difference.