1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Video Games Have You Been Playing #12: Rage Quit - ain't my thing

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AdamCrock, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Professional Killjoy Moderator

You too? I remember seeing the sun come up on many occasions whilst playing Civ4.

AdamCrock likes this.
  2. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

Spoiler Witcher 3 spoilers :
    So I went off to find some creepy witches in a swamp. And they were keeping kids in a swamp. And then I was sent to go find out what was killing people from a village, and then there was a weird...tree thing speaking to me. And it told me that it could save the kids from something. So I went back to the swamp and the kids were gone. So I went back and killed the tree spirit because it had killed the villagers and the kids were gone anyways. But then...I think the witches killed and ate the kids. Oh dear. Maybe I should have let the tree thing out instead.

3. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Did they even have video games back in the American Great war Civil war war of independence ?
    I pretty sure that the height of video game technology was throwing tea into the ocean.

Birdjaguar and Synsensa like this.
  4. haroon

haroon Chieftain

It soothes us like a sad song good sir

*Play Deep Purple-Soldier of Fortune

5. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Warlord

Hmm I thought it was the daring air raids out of LaGuardia against the redcoats.

cardgame, FriendlyFire and tjs282 like this.
  6. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

Same, Civ 4 is definitely the game I've put in the most all-nighters with. Civ 4 is just the game I've played the most, period. Interestingly, I have about 650 hours in Civ 4 on Steam, which is slightly behind the number of hours I've put into Stellaris (which is the most recent game that caused me to stay up all night) but I put in many hundreds of hours of Civ 4 in various non-Steam iterations over the years (I played vanilla, warlords, and BTS from the discs, and eventually I lost the BTS game disc but...uh...obtained an ISO file for it which I actually still have backed up on multiple drives. Of course, paying $2.50 for it during a Steam sale obviated the need for keeping that ISO but traditions die hard I guess.

Moff Jerjerrod likes this.
  7. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

Get it from GOG and enjoy having an up-to-date and legal ISO.

8. Manfred Belheim

Manfred Belheim Warlord

Weird. As far as I was aware you don't need the game disc to play with the most up to date patches. I never need to.

9. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

Yes, the problem was that when I got a new computer I had to install it again and couldn't.

10. Yeekim

Yeekim Warlord

Ahh... Civ IV... best and last of Civ games.

AdamCrock and haroon like this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Technology of Peace

Unpopular opinion incoming: I'm going to say that over the years, Beyond Earth has become my pick for best Civ game.

Anyway, before you all form a mob to come burn my house down, I came here to ask for recommendations on a good WWII grand strategy game. Keep in mind I'm not looking for anything that is too complex or requires a lot of micromanagement. Just a game that let's me focus on the big picture, has some decent visuals to really suck me in, and is just an all around good time to play.

I just got done watching the "WWII In Color" series on Netflix, so I'm really in a WWII mood right now.

Moff Jerjerrod likes this.
  12. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Warlord

Has anyone here tried the Steel Division games? I've sort of had my eye on them, but I've never tried them.

13. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Finally got my hands on RDR 2. See you all next year, I guess. :wavey:

haroon and Phrossack like this.
  14. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Another drone in the hive mind

Beyond Earth is the most powerful incentive I have to enter the realms beyond Civ IV. When it slips out of Valve's grip I will probably try it immediately. Of course, I am currently wrapping up a Spartan conquest of planet in my own favorite Civ game, SMAX, so I am obviously biased.

15. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

In the expansion of SMAC, can you still choose to play as the factions from the original SMAC?
    Cause the new factions are a bit lame, imo.

I suppose you cannot, given there are quotes by those leaders when you research new tech.

16. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

You can play as any of the old or new factions.
    The 2 alien factions start off very OP.

Kyriakos likes this.
  17. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Another drone in the hive mind

I always play as a random faction after inserting the two alien factions into the lineup. The mod I would like to see would be something that prevents the human factions from fighting among themselves until the aliens have been defeated, since without cooperation usually at least a couple human factions get consumed and the endgame is almost always me against the aliens.

18. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Master of Darkness

Yes You can choose to play with only "new", only "old" or the mix of them all ;)
    Interesting opinion btw. I've always considered alien factions to be a slightly overpowered and I like Data Angels a lot cos they can "override" The Hunter-Seeker algorithm ! ^^ xD

19. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Chieftain

Did someone say WWII? :thumbsup: (I'm a big WWII nut fyi)

There are quite a few games I'd like to recommend but I won't because you have to be a hardcore wargamer to like them. If I was going to recommend a good grand strategy WWII game to you it would be Strategic Command WWII: World at War. It's not too terribly complex, has that just one more turn appeal to it, and you can hotseat both sides if you so wish.

20. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

You haven't mentioned The Battle for Wesnoth so I'll do it for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.