1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Video Games Have You Been Playing #12: Rage Quit - ain't my thing

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AdamCrock, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phrossack

Phrossack Armored Fish and Armored Men

2. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

If only that man by the photocopier had his own wolf to protect him from a vicious lone wolf attack.

3. Yeekim

Yeekim Warlord

It is, isn't it? :)
    And yes, Voyager will offer a great starting experience.
    Save Interloper for when Voyager is no longer challenging. You basically need to know the maps like the back of your hand to have any chance of surviving a couple days of Interloper at all.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  4. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Warlord

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a wolf is a good guy with a wolf.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  5. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

Thanks @Lexicus I will jump in at some point and we'll see how it goes. I want to play Japan, but that seems like a pretty big first bite.

haroon likes this.
  6. yung.carl.jung

yung.carl.jung Hey Bird! I'm Morose & Lugubrious

playing Titan Quest with my girlfriend currently, almost done with Greece and it's so much freakin fun. She's doing Dream & Nature melee, I'm doing Storm / Spirit mage.

haroon likes this.
  7. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Titan Quest was a surprisingly good Diablo clone, I thought.

haroon likes this.
  8. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

I pity you, console gamer. PC Gamers are the superior race. The best way to get a tot to learn how to use MS-DOS commands was setting him loose on a computer with several new-and-improved 3-inch floppy disks with entire videogames in them and letting him install things and run amok. Which was addictive and educational.

btw those are games from that time when gameplay trumped graphics, so I might understand why you don't know them. More seriously, I recommend that you play them all.

haroon, tjs282 and Birdjaguar like this.
  9. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

That is how my son got started in liking programming in the 90s.

haroon likes this.
  10. cardgame

cardgame Sensual Kitten

I'd actually recommend Italy, they have enough power to be fun but Germany is still the #1 target of the other powers so you don't have to bear the burden of responsibility.

Birdjaguar likes this.
  11. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Were the superior race. In these days of Steam and games made for console not so much.

12. cardgame

cardgame Sensual Kitten

Nope, still better. Even the newest consoles can't keep up with the newest titles, sometimes - my example being Division 2 - and PC still has literally ten thousand+ exclusive titles.

13. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

:pI'd gotten away with it so many times in my first Voyager game that I thought I would press my luck. I should'a just used those purifier tabs.
    Excuse me? :dubious: You watch yer mouth.:nono: I am an OG PC Gamer AND Console Gamer. I had a Tandy 3000 and an Atari 5200 at my house as a kid. I learned to use spreadsheet on Lotus 123 and learned to program in BASIC on a green/black screen Apple IIc. Madmaze, Mission to Mars, King's Quest, and Oregon Trail baby. I can still remember how mindblowing the Original Civ 1 and Sim City were when they came out. "improved 3-inch floppy disks"?? Come at me whippersnapper:p First of all they're 3.5's, get it right:p Second, I remember being outraged that they had the audacity to call those things "floppy"... They weren't floppy at all!:mad: My floppy disks were the 5 and 1/4 inch black ones . Now that was floppy. You could shake em like a polaroid pic'cha;)
    I remember games that you had to secure with the twist-down tabs on the disk slot.

tjs282 likes this.
  14. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Chieftain

Floppy disks, that's flash. Didn't own a PC but mates on had cassettes.

Commodore 64s and Amigas were common, at least relatively.

15. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Master of Darkness

Yup I remember Amiga had superior graphics as well as processor speed back than. You know - that starting screen from GTA Vice City is Commodore cassette style I think only loading games on Commodore took ages :D

16. dusters

dusters Loves cats

Are you doing anniversary edition? In the 1st edition it didn't feel like a grind, but in the newest it was like grinding a lot just to kill 3 gorgons. Maybe it is different with two players.

17. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

Japan is probably a pretty decent power to play first, as cardgame says it may be a big bite but that's how you learn. You will have to understand how naval, air, and land combat work to play Japan effectively.

I started with Germany, and have never played Japan.

18. haroon

haroon Chieftain

Do you play multiplayer by phone? That game looks fun for multiplayer

19. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Chieftain

Hmmm....interesting discussion people. Ok let me give you all another viewpoint.

Purpose of this post is related to console vs. pc

I like both and have gamed on both since the early '90s. I will never stop gaming on either platform and love them both. However I have been losing interest quite quickly as of late with console gaming due to the incredible selection of great games on pc that have been coming out lately. Does this mean I'll stop playing on my console? No but I now only game on my console maybe once a month and am on my pc every single day playing something.

The other factor that has pulled me strongly into the pc gaming camp is that pc games go on sale all the time for pennies on the dollar. Contrast that with prices for console games and the fact that sales are few and far between for console games means that I'm dumping my money where I can get the most return on investment the fastest.

Lexicus likes this.
  20. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

I think that game-wise it is sad that we are stuck with the pc, because not having a specific system means the game developers cannot focus on a given platform.
    Besides, nowadays many games are produced for all sorts of mobile devices, with different specs.
    The Amiga ruled, no doubt about it. But it has been dead for three decades now.

Fippy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.