What Video Games Have You Been Playing #12: Rage Quit - ain't my thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first all-night games session was in the early 80s, it was sponsored, and we played a variety of boardgames and RPGs.

I had several all night LIVE game sessions in the seventies, but they weren't sponsored. Mostly D&D, some Diplomacy. Other 'flash in the pan' RPGs that we picked up and tried but none of them really caught on.

I think I managed to pull an all nighter or two as a kid, in the SNES era. I don't recall before that. One game I definitely did it with was NBA Jam. Not because it was my favorite game, just worked out that way that particular night.

I can still do it, but it's physically hard enough on me now that I generally don't want to do it, and/or regret when I do on weekends.

@Timsup2nothin try this site : http://imacoconut.com/dungeons-of-daggorath/ I'm on my work computer now so I can't install but I think the game should work ;)
@Akka I can perfectly understand Your anticipation and pullin all-dayer ? :D right after all-nighter ! I remember when a copy of Alpha Centauri I've ordered arrived .... Ohhh boy !! I don't remember how long I played . I was exhausted but happy :D

Suddenly *I* feel old.
That's because you ARE :twitch:
Honestly I prefer old graphics a lot of the time.
Can't argue with that, I didn't bother with Starcraft Remastered because I found the new graphics to be inferior to the old ones.
@Akka I can perfectly understand Your anticipation and pullin all-dayer ? :D right after all-nighter ! I remember when a copy of Alpha Centauri I've ordered arrived .... Ohhh boy !! I don't remember how long I played . I was exhausted but happy :D
Well, that was actually one of the few times I managed it at this age. Amusingly, I couldn't really skip a night when I was younger (at best I wouldn't sleep for one night, but would collapse during the next day before it was night again). It's only recently that I've been able to endure it (not willingly, happened during heatwave, when I just couldn't sleep because I can't stand heat) without too much hassle.

Last edited:
You guys need to quit complaining about your age. :old:

Can't argue with that, I didn't bother with Starcraft Remastered because I found the new graphics to be inferior to the old ones.

I definitely prefer the old graphics in the original Halo. One exception was AoE 2, had to make use of the HD remaster there because my computer couldn't display the original graphics correctly.

You guys need to quit complaining about your age. :old:
That's the only perk of becoming older, so no.
Well, I knew I was, but all your complaining had me thinking that you were too. Whippersnapper.
Well, I'm old compared to those who are younger :ack:
From a video game point of view, I'm a grandad. I'm going to posture as much as I can about it :old:

In the Witcher 3, I'm supposed to go talk to the baron about...something. So obviously the proper thing to do is go riding around in the woods and chasing sheep on the opposite side of the map.

Spoiler :

It's a pretty game.

Fired up a game of Offworld Trading Company last night. Meh.

I haven't played much of it since I bought it. Last night was really the first try. Honestly, if you have to open a spreadsheet to play a game I think it's pass worthy.

In the Witcher 3, I'm supposed to go talk to the baron about...something. So obviously the proper thing to do is go riding around in the woods and chasing sheep on the opposite side of the map.

It's a pretty game.
You haven't seen the half of it.

I've never stayed up all night to play a game, but I have stayed up late. The first time was when I was around 10, playing Super Bomberman 2 until 2 in the morning.

You haven't seen the half of it.

I haven't even gotten out of the second area. There's a whole lot to explore.

I'm pretty sure my first unintentional, or at least, by-product all-nighter was from Civ 4. One More Turn, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom