What video games have you been playing? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a game breaking bug in Fallout 4, hurrah! Goddamn it pisses me off.

Basically, there is a random chance that when you get shot in the head and receive blurry vision it may stick with you permanently. When this first happened to me, I assumed it was the kind of random bug/glitch that I encounter all the time in FO4 so I just kept playing for a long time, expecting it to go away.

However, I later found out online that it won't go away and this was after I had already saved over all of the quicksaves, autosaves and full saves I had with the corrupted data. So now my game is broken, thanks Bethesda!

There is a way to fix it on the PC by going into the console and typing in commands but this is unavailable on the PS4. Other players also suggested that getting re-shot in the head will allow you to then use a stimpack and clear the condition but this did not work after 10+ attempts by myself.

Bugs: just another in a loooooong list of reasons to never play Bethesda games on a console.

I just bought these 22 games on steam

Spoiler :
Ghost Master
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
Costume Quest
Puzzler World
Trine
Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack
Toki Tori 2+
PixelJunk™ Shooter
Closure
Qbeh-1
Memoria
Divide by sheep
Zombie Driver HD
Cargo Commander
Polarity
The Promised Land
Parcel
King's Quest - Chapter 1: A Knight to Remember
Breach & Clear
T.E.C. 3001
The Fall
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Which one should I play first?

Here's how much they cost me after taxes:
Spoiler :
$32.18 CDN
Merry Christmas to me!

Needless to say I haven't play all of those but Shadowrun and The Witcher are both excellent, you can't go wrong with either of those.

I would say the Witcher; largely because I'm starting a playthrough of Witcher 2 right now.

Well I left ESO downloading all night and its 45% done.

Also yesterday I lost my level 3 Crusader in Darkest Dungeon :(

ESO is now 80% downloaded! I changed the remaining 55% over to my 4G internet with 20 Gb limit and the download speed on that is 1-2 mbps, compared to 200-500 Kbps on broadband.

If only I could get unlimited 4G download limit :(

Edit - Now 90% done! SOOOOOOON I CAN PLAY!

I just bought these 22 games on steam

Spoiler :
Ghost Master
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
Costume Quest
Puzzler World
Trine
Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack
Toki Tori 2+
PixelJunk™ Shooter
Closure
Qbeh-1
Memoria
Divide by sheep
Zombie Driver HD
Cargo Commander
Polarity
The Promised Land
Parcel
King's Quest - Chapter 1: A Knight to Remember
Breach & Clear
T.E.C. 3001
The Fall
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Which one should I play first?

Here's how much they cost me after taxes:
Spoiler :
$32.18 CDN
Merry Christmas to me!
Wow that's way too many games.

I bought one game for cheap on a whim but only played it once. I've felt guilty about that ever since so I only buy games that I know I am going to play. There have been a few duds that I ended up hating but I played them for quite a bit before I gave up. Do you think you'll actually get to play them all?

But kudos on bargain hunting! That's a great haul for so cheap.

Commodore, if you have a non-pithy Outdoorsman skill you can miss almost all of those random encounters (you get the option to face the enemy or move away, for the latter option you get a couple dozen XP).

I only got that option for about 1 out of every 8 or so encounters, even after I used a save editor to jack my Outdoorsman to the max. The RNG gods must really hate me. I did miss the monthly virgin sacrifice to them, so maybe that's it...

Either way, I've already moved on to my FO3 playthrough and a wave of calm has already washed over me as I feel the relief from no longer being a slave to the RNG gods. Any time VATS screws me I can then immediately compensate with my first-person shooter skills. In fact, this time around I find myself not using VATS as much as I have in previous playthroughs and playing the game more like a shooter. Probably a result of me playing a lot more shooters in recent months.

I'm trying to learn how to play Crusader Kings II. I bought a bundle of Paradox games off of Steam (CKII, Victoria 2, HoI3, EU4.)

But kudos on bargain hunting! That's a great haul for so cheap.

It took me about an hour, I opened up all games on sale that were 80% off or more and also had an 80%+ user rating, all in different tabs. Then I went through the tabs one by one, and looked at each game. Ended up buying 22 of them.. but it only cost me half of what I'd pay for a brand new game, so it's an amazing deal really.

So far I've only tried out the King's Quest reboot, and it's GREAT. Almost worth the $30 all by itself.

I'm trying to learn how to play Crusader Kings II. I bought a bundle of Paradox games off of Steam (CKII, Victoria 2, HoI3, EU4.)

I'm going to be honest, I never could figure that game out. I watched Arumba's tutorial videos and such but I still found a lot of it very confusing, especially since the game has changed a lot since he did them. I had a decent start in Africa once, managed to conquer quite a bit of territory, but it was almost accidental since I didn't really understand what I was doing in terms of delegating my new territories. CK2 is easily the most confusing game I've ever played.

All these paradox games have quite same interface so learning one will be very helpful for others.

CK 2 is simplest because you have there not real economy model(Victoria 2) or unit micromanagement (HoI3). In EU IV do not fully understand some mechanisms (papacy, desire of independence of colonies, market,..).

I bought The Guild Collection (first and second game with all the expansions are 90% off on Steam currently). It's a medieval life/politics/economy simulator/sandbox strategy game. Only played the first one a long time ago and it was pretty interesting.

Reinstalled Star Wars Galaxies, of all games, after reading this article and getting overcome with nostalgia. There's something extremely intriguing about that game for me that other MMO's never manage. A bit sad thinking of the potential the game could have had if it had had a bit more exciting normal gameplay in addition to all the interesting concepts. The SWGEmu project seems to be building a solid mix of the best of the different updates, versions, and community mods, but the learning curve and initial grind is really brutal when you haven't played in 10 years.

Surprised they have servers with constant 1000+ players in game still.

I'm going to be honest, I never could figure that game out. I watched Arumba's tutorial videos and such but I still found a lot of it very confusing, especially since the game has changed a lot since he did them. I had a decent start in Africa once, managed to conquer quite a bit of territory, but it was almost accidental since I didn't really understand what I was doing in terms of delegating my new territories. CK2 is easily the most confusing game I've ever played.

Think of your European ruler as being part of a pyramid scheme and it makes a whole lot more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom