What video games have you been playing? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Darkest Dungeon after I got it on the steam sale. Its annoying that all my occultists seem to go insane and die before everyone else.

Stress is such an annoying, artificial way of making the game difficult.

I'm in love with Elder Scrolls Online. I think I found my next game to play for a very long time.

Really? I found it to be overcrowded, simplistic and actually very little like the mainline TES games.

I have been playing Dust: An Elysian Tail, and it has become one of my favorite games. The platforming feel very satisfying and the animations are nice and smooth. The music and art are beautiful. It is a lovely game.

The link, if anyone want to check it out.

Still Rome 2.
This will sound heretical, but I think it's now my favourite Total War. The province management is more complex and thought out than in the previous games, the politics system now makes sense and I think it has just the right balance of randomness and control in agent and general traits. AI and turn times have also improved a lot. The only times I see small AI controlled armies on the campaign map is when they position them to function as reinforcements for large armies.
I'm now playing as Massila and control most of France. I've avoided expansion in Rome's direction because AI empires seem to be relatively peaceful if you don't bother them, and quite aggressive if you get too close, and two front wars are really difficult and costly.

Finished campaign of starcraft 2's latest/final expansion. I'm continually impressed by the quality of single player for a game almost exclusively designed for multiplayer. Story got... weird, though.

Finished campaign of starcraft 2's latest/final expansion. I'm continually impressed by the quality of single player for a game almost exclusively designed for multiplayer. Story got... weird, though.

I still haven't even played Heart of the Swarm. It's not that I don't like StarCraft, it's just that I have moved on to other games and haven't gotten around to finishing the StarCraft 2 trilogy (funny that a sequel is a trilogy all on its own).

I think the biggest reason I haven't played the expansions yet is the long release time between Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm. Blizzard gave me too much time to get bored with Wings of Liberty and move on to other games.

I got Guitar Hero Live for the missus. It's pretty fun but the tracks that were included with the game are really weak. You also cannot buy new tracks anymore - you can only buy a 'play' of a track one at a time. Fortunately, if you play through at least 3 or 4 tracks you'll earn enough in-game currency to buy a single 'play' of a song and never have to cough up real money. But it does suck you can't just own a song your really like and play it as much as you like.

The new Guitar Hero TV section of the game is pretty cool and it's the only good place besides youtube to see actual music videos anymore - including a lot of oldies.

The campaign mode is pretty good (I like the live action stuff over the cg animations) but it does not allow a second player to strum along which is dumb.

The controller was also redesigned and I like the new 3x2 button layout (no more colored buttons) but the frets between the buttons are hard plastic and you get sore fingers from mashing them during play which is pretty frustrating. Both me and the missus have had to stop playing a few times due to sore fingers after just 4 or 5 songs.

I still have the blurry vision bug on Fallout 4 and there is no word on a patch anytime soon.

I just purchased Subnautica but have yet to install it. It's an underwater exploration and building game. It's 30% of during Steam's holiday sale. Previously, I had vowed to never again purchase a pre-release game, but it's so gorgeous...and it's underwater! :)

Man, I just lost my veteran grave robber to a bunch of fungal artillery. They just kept stacking blights, she was losing 12 HP a turn and the first death's door was her last. Unlucky as hell rolls.

Trying to get back into the swing of things in KSP.

This seems to require installing the unofficial 64 bit workaround, as the stock game is !@@E$$ anymore if you try to use any mods.

Really? I found it to be overcrowded, simplistic and actually very little like the mainline TES games.

Overcrowded, definitely not. I felt a little crowded in the starting zone when I first played it a little less than a year ago, but once you get a few zones in other players are actually pretty thin on the ground. Simplistic... maybe a little. I've played more complicated MMO's but I've also played plenty that were even less complicated. As for not being very much like a main TES game, well, of course not, it's an MMO. There are certain realities of the genre that pretty much guarantee that will be true. If you go into it expecting Skyrim Online you will definitely be disappointed. If you go in expecting an MMO with TES flavor then it's a really very decent game.

Still Rome 2.

I've been playing this too lately, and there do seem to be improvements over the last Total War game I played, but.. For some reason sometimes the game just slows down. This doesn't happen in any other game I have ever played on this PC. And it's not even just when giant armies are fighting, the last time it happened I just had a bunch of guys climbing a wall. As soon as they were all up there, the lag stopped and the game went back to normal.. It almost seems as if fairly inefficient code controls this and that in the game, but who knows..

It also seems a lot easier than previous games. I was able to sack Carthage in 225BC. First I took Corsica, Sardinia, and Sicily.. Which meant taking 2 towns Carthage owned. Well, that didn't seem to bother them, even though their navy was stronger than mine (or at least I thought it was). No counter-attacks at all. Then I landed 2 large armies just outside of Carthage and encountered very little resistance. Overwhelmed their defences and my whole army just climbed over the walls and kicked butt. The other North African Carthaginian possessions were a joke as well. Carthage wasn't even bugging me when I started this conflict, and I was able to eliminate them before they knew what was happening. That was way too easy, that should have been one of my harder campaigns during my game as Rome.

I am pretty sure I'm playing on normal difficulty.. but I hope things get harder rather than easier. I'm going after northern Italy next and then Gaul.

I got Guitar Hero Live for the missus. It's pretty fun but the tracks that were included with the game are really weak. You also cannot buy new tracks anymore - you can only buy a 'play' of a track one at a time. Fortunately, if you play through at least 3 or 4 tracks you'll earn enough in-game currency to buy a single 'play'

I have Guitar Hero 3, and that's a bit dated now.. but I always had a lot of fun with that game, so I actually started eyeing Guitar Hero Live when it came out. But based on what you say I can see it is not worth buying, thanks for the heads up.

You should definitely up the difficulty, warpus. I'm playing on Hard/Hard and it's much better, the Germans kicked my ass in my Augustus-Octavian campaign, wiped out a full legion and its general. Fortunately I was able to bring up two more armies (one quality, one crap) and that apparently scared them into signing a peace treaty.

Hmm is it possible to change the difficulty setting mid-game? I don't really want to start this campaign from scratch, even though the latest conquests were simple, I actually enjoyed this save so far and have a couple hours into it already. I sort of want to continue my conquests. Probably isn't a way to do that, but I think I'm going to continue for a while anyway and see how it goes.

Trying to get back into the swing of things in KSP.

This seems to require installing the unofficial 64 bit workaround, as the stock game is !@@E$$ anymore if you try to use any mods.
Yeah I'm waiting for the official x64 release to come out for the same reason and I can't be bothered to do the workaround.

I have Guitar Hero 3, and that's a bit dated now.. but I always had a lot of fun with that game, so I actually started eyeing Guitar Hero Live when it came out. But based on what you say I can see it is not worth buying, thanks for the heads up.
Don't get me wrong, all in all it is pretty fun but it's definitely a lot different from how it used to be. The basic gameplay mechanics are essentially there but everything else is different.

Also, terrible menus (you actually have to enter a menu, then exit the same menu just to be able to access a sub-menu within the menu :crazyeye: ) are a chore to navigate.

Also: Should reiterate that while you can't 'own' songs and play them unlimited times (unless they are one of the 46 crappy ones on the disc), the way the game is set up means I have never had to use real money to play any song I want either. We've gone through maybe 30 songs using in-game currency and earn enough from playing the game so we don't have to buy additional plays with real money either. It's actually kind of better this way because you don't have to pay any money to buy additional songs like in Previous Guitar hero games and they are continually adding new songs (with their music videos).

Where can I find good strategy tips for Total War Rome 2? I suck at that game so bad even on normal.

I've sunk literally my entire weekend's waking hour into Runescape... I may have a problem...

Where can I find good strategy tips for Total War Rome 2? I suck at that game so bad even on normal.
Do you suck at it on the world map or the battle map?
I've sunk literally my entire weekend's waking hour into Runescape... I may have a problem...
Takhisisu-sensei's renowned solution to Runescape-no addiction problem
1) uninstall Runescape
2) install Fallout
3) no more Runescape problem

You are wercome, karudogeimu-san.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom