1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Video Games Have You Been Playing? Eight times I've died...

Discussion in 'Picture Threads Archive' started by Birdjaguar, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

If you want some free expensive stuff to sell, just head west along the roads until you come across the guy who's Scroll of Icarian Flight didn't quite work the way he intended. You'll hear his scream as he falls to the ground and dies. Just don't use the scrolls yourself. and if you do, try to land on water. Still one of my favorite elder scrolls moments.

2. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

I have a great appreciation for the fact that despite his scroll malfunction his hat doesn't come off. If it didn't look so goofy I'd have kept that hat, just because it is obviously reliable.

Lexicus likes this.
  3. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Ah yes, the Colovian Fur Hat. A (presumably) unique item that does indeed look really goofy.

4. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

I've lost track of the number of times the mage in there has killed me.

5. Arakhor

That said, Morrowind really does do the "wet behind the ears" thing brutally well - I've been killed on more than one occasion by the rats in the pillow-lady's house in Balmora. :blush:

6. Ajidica

Yep. I still vividly remember my first time playing. Walking beneath the giant mushrooms south of Balmora at, the twin moons in the sky, hearing the crackling fire of the egg miners, and the brilliant Jeremy Soule soundtrack.

7. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

This talk of Morrowind led me to Arvil Bren's Journal looking for that mage's name...Tarhiel, BTW. Burned a couple hours. Is it arrogant that I still get caught up reading my own writing after all these years?

8. Arakhor

On the other hand, putting falling wizard outside Seyda Neen into the search engine brought me here.

9. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

Shogun 2: Total War. I've had this game for years and originally got it for co-op, so all my hours were back then and in multiplayer. Never really tried to play it single player. Somewhat enjoyable game. Feels like there was more planned for the Europeans and they just never added it. My game had a bug that any time you tried to embark troops or agents it would crash to desktop at least once, maybe twice, each time.

Project Highrise. Gave this a couple hours. I tried to like it but I couldn't get into it. The premise is sound but it just didn't have the "I want to keep playing" factor to it. A 2D side-scrolling perspective isn't ideal for a game like this although I can see where they were going with it. Ultimately a fairly 'meh' experience. I would not describe it as worth its $22 price tag.

10. Ajidica

Please tell me you have played Medieval 2, which is, unquestioned, the BEST TOTAL WAR GAME EVER.

Lexicus likes this.
  11. Synsensa

Only Medieval, Rome, Empire, and Shogun 2. :(

12. Ajidica

Well, at least you have played original Rome.

Despite hating Empire for a long time, I've actually been coming around to it lately.

13. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

Vanilla FTW

14. Synsensa

Man, I love Empire so much. Barring nostalgia for Medieval, it's my favourite of the ones I've played.

Granted, there are like 15 Total War games at this point and I've only played 4 of em... but still.

15. Ajidica

You seriously need to get Medieval 2. Get it on steam sale for $10.

Lexicus likes this.
  16. Synsensa

But I just got Galactic Battlegrounds for $2. :(

17. miaasma

miaasma Prince

i know there's like an entire subsection of this forum for this but i just took up playing civ 6 again and god it's annoying how close everyone spawns

18. cardgame

cardgame Sensual Kitten

Shogun 2 was amazing and I'd like to play it again but out of the four times I've installed it, three times have come back with an unfixable error because the game has a launch dependency on adobe flash shockwave because CA are a bunch of friggin' morons. And I install shockwave and it doesn't work... sigh.

Synsensa likes this.
  19. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

More Fallout 3......Raiders stepping on their own land mines. Out of the 6 of them, i only had to shoot one.
    ScreenShot573.JPG

20. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

is of impossibilities

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.