What Video Games Have You Been Playing? Eight times I've died...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally tried Kerbal Space Program. Quickly realized it's not my thing.

Also finally tried Cities Skyline. Laggy and blurry. Pass.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wolfenstein: The New Order has been more fun than I expected it to be.
Ah Wolfenstein 3D... the original (for me at least) FPS. I can't begin to say how many hours I poured into that joy of a game as a lad. Is the original, or some version available? I found Oregon Trail on Dosbox being offered for free online... another treasure. I wonder... are the new Wolfensteins are true to the original?
I haven't played that in a while, and I think they've released a couple of updates. I may give it another go.
I tried the second scenario on hard difficulty a few times and got my ass handed to me. I've gone back to the default scenario, playing on hard. I think if I can beat that one I will be better able to deal with the next scenarios.

divinity: original sin 2 definitive edition is out in 18 days so i expect to be playing that and doing nothing else for a week once the 31st comes

divinity: original sin 2 definitive edition is out in 18 days

What does it change from the original? I'm assuming it's free if you already own it? I have yet to finish the vanilla game. It was okay, but frustratingly difficult. I got about halfway through. I really need a better story for me to have the motivation to finish those types of games.

Anyone playing the World of Warcraft expansion? I'm trying to avoid it to avoid that time sink. Yet some of the changes look interesting. The suckiness of the last expansion helps avoid it, however.

it is free if you own the base game

they haven't released all the changes (to my chagrin) but it includes an even easier difficulty, new fights, a seemingly complete re-write of the third act (which was by far its weakest point), a more detailed tutorial area, and apparently 45 pages full of thousands of other changes to the game

Ah Wolfenstein 3D... the original (for me at least) FPS. I can't begin to say how many hours I poured into that joy of a game as a lad. Is the original, or some version available? I found Oregon Trail on Dosbox being offered for free online... another treasure. I wonder... are the new Wolfensteins are true to the original? I tried the second scenario on hard difficulty a few times and got my ass handed to me. I've gone back to the default scenario, playing on hard. I think if I can beat that one I will be better able to deal with the next scenarios.
I never played the first Wolfenstein, but somehow I suspect it's a whole new game.

I completed the first two Frostpunk scenarios on the middle difficulty, but got clobbered by the third scenario. Is cannibalism an option? Isn't that what the Donner Party and those South American rugby players did? I haven't tried the first scenario on Hard yet.

Ah, Wolfenstein.
I might try the new games out when/if Germany gets uncut/uncensored versions.
At least that's possible now. Swastikas in video games are possibly OK as of last week.

Ah, Wolfenstein.
At least that's possible now. Swastikas in video games are possibly OK as of last week.
Willkommen in der Familie. I guess that games like Wolfenstein will be still not ok though. Educational purpose here is quite dubious :)

The New Order is great, The Old Blood is very skippable, just bought Colossus but haven't played yet.
What about Return to the Castle Wolfenstein? I mean this the masterpiece. I really do not have motivation to buy any newer sequel without comparisation with RtCW

Trying out Shadowrun Returns. This... is actually kinda awesome.
Hmm and according community this is the weakest sequel of modern Shadowruns:)
It has many flaws, but overally its really awesome small game. I played it about year ago.
Dragonfall is better in every way. I am still saving time for Hong Kong. Somewhat I do not want to start it without having another Shadowrun game ahead.

Shadowrun Returns was fun and Dragonfall was excellent, but I was really disappointed with Hong Kong. The changes made to hacking were sort of crappy but you could largely ignore them until a series of mandatory interconnected hacking sections were dumped on you midway through the game. It almost felt like the devs were trying to tell you more about how much they knew about the lore of the world rather than building a fun game.

In funny news, I was just about to start a new game of Divinity 2 when I saw miasma's post. Ah well, still going to start it.

Got in some serious Halo this weekend...played Two Betrayals, arguably the most fun level with the best opening cinematic in the Halo franchise.

I spent an absurd amount of time doing that mission in couch co-op with friends

we would try to destroy each others' Banshees

not as much fun as the epic "rush out the door onto the bridge and try to kill those two Elites before they get into the Banshees so we can skip to the end of the level" that we did during Assault on the Control Room, but still pretty hilarious

ah, middle school

Ah, Wolfenstein.
Willkommen in der Familie. I guess that games like Wolfenstein will be still not ok though. Educational purpose here is quite dubious :)
I replayed the old Wolfenstein games two or three years ago. The educational purpose was obvious: it's a good thing we 'Muricans defeated Nazism™, 'cos otherwise them Nazis woulda develop'd jetpacks and taken over the world.

Playing Vanilla WoW private servers these days, as Classic seems to take its time being released. I can't seem to be able to definitively shake this game out :lol:
(though I've not touched the retail thing for more than a year, so there is that)

I replayed the old Wolfenstein games two or three years ago. The educational purpose was obvious: it's a good thing we 'Muricans defeated Nazism™, 'cos otherwise them Nazis woulda develop'd jetpacks and taken over the world.
It's not quite "Wolfenstein: The Movie", but...

I completed the first two Frostpunk scenarios on the middle difficulty, but got clobbered by the third scenario. Is cannibalism an option? Isn't that what the Donner Party and those South American rugby players did? I haven't tried the first scenario on Hard yet.
I haven't unlocked the third scenario yet so I don't know what its about, but there are some pretty grim options available in the first two scenarios so I wouldn't be surprised by outright cannibalism being in the third :yuck: And yes cannibalism is indeed what the infamous Donner Party, as well as the South American guys did as depicted in the book/movie Alive.

I kept losing on Hard difficulty in the Second scenario and I refuse to play it on medium now that I've won a scenario on medium already. I've gone back to the first scenario and I keep getting pwned by Hard difficulty by like the 5th day :lol: The issue is I want the achievment for not building any tents so I am building no housing whatsoever until I get bunkhouses researched. Of course that means my people are sleeping outside under the generator (you can literally seem them all huddled under there at night... its actually kinda sad :p

Anyway after like 3 nights of that they are ready to depose me, cussing and screaming (if you zoom in close you can actually hear individual workers audibly saying "This is bulls---!") and the daily messages from my people are calling me an "eff-up" and "Sod the Captain" and similar. :lol: I haven't been able to push through it yet and get all the houses built in time to drop the discontent fast enough to keep my job. I got close last time though.

Playing sub-optimally for achievements and playing on hard difficulty does not mix well. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom