What Video Games Have You Been Playing? Eight times I've died...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just a few days ago purchased "Seasons" for the Sims 4, and I've been enjoying it so far. I'm having problems with my pets though, for some reason now they're asking for infinite petting and this is crashing my game. :(

My cats like unplugging my monitor and pushing my computers power button....

Stellaris again.
So, there's this one system that sometimes shows with two Tomb World inhabitet by different Bronze Age primitives who look like different phenotypes of the same species. Apparently the homeworld and colony grew apart and nuked each other to hell.

In my current game I didn't find the system, but both races showed up as refugees in one of my remore colonies. I know it was them because I recognized the names and portraits and they had the Stellar Culture Shock modifier.
Looks like someone invaded two Tomb Worlds and those wastelanders managed to steal some ships. Now they're living peacefully side by side among my multicultural Human space commies.

Stellaris again.
So, there's this one system that sometimes shows with two Tomb World inhabitet by different Bronze Age primitives who look like different phenotypes of the same species. Apparently the homeworld and colony grew apart and nuked each other to hell.

In my current game I didn't find the system, but both races showed up as refugees in one of my remore colonies. I know it was them because I recognized the names and portraits and they had the Stellar Culture Shock modifier.
Looks like someone invaded two Tomb Worlds and those wastelanders managed to steal some ships. Now they're living peacefully side by side among my multicultural Human space commies.

Reminds me of when I uplifted a pre-sapient species of badass irradiated post-apocalyptic cockroaches on a Tomb world in my borders in my current game. I terraformed the world to Continental though because having citizens on a Tomb world was pissing off my religious-conservative faction.

I forgot that I have Stellaris. I bought it on sale a while ago, but I didn't have the bandwidth to devote to it. I played it just long enough to realize that it's not a game you learn to play in a couple of hours. I went from "nothing seems to be happening" to "I have no idea why I'm doing so poorly." :lol:

I forgot that I have Stellaris. I bought it on sale a while ago, but I didn't have the bandwidth to devote to it. I played it just long enough to realize that it's not a game you learn to play in a couple of hours. I went from "nothing seems to be happening" to "I have no idea why I'm doing so poorly." :lol:

It took me until my seventh run through the game, which worked out to something like 90 hours, to feel like I had a handle on what was going on. Before that I was getting absolutely crushed by the AI in the early stages. Of course, I didn't improve as fast as I could because I didn't start looking on the internet for meta-knowledge until the third or fourth run.

My cats like unplugging my monitor and pushing my computers power button....

Mine has also figured out the power button. I had to cover it with a little stuffed sheep.

It took me until my seventh run through the game, which worked out to something like 90 hours, to feel like I had a handle on what was going on. Before that I was getting absolutely crushed by the AI in the early stages. Of course, I didn't improve as fast as I could because I didn't start looking on the internet for meta-knowledge until the third or fourth run.
Yeah, maybe games like Stellaris are just out of my grasp now. I played World of Tanks for probably 1,000 hours, watched videos, studied maps, talked strategies with friends over beers. I wasn't a pro, but I had a respectable win rate. It wasn't that long ago, but I can hardly imagine devoting so much energy to it now. :lol:

Yeah, maybe games like Stellaris are just out of my grasp now.

I wouldn't say that, but if you aren't motivated to figure out you aren't motivated to figure it out.

In other news I'm probably going to fire up Just Cause 2 this evening. I saw a trailer for Just Cause 4 and got the itch

I wouldn't say that, but if you aren't motivated to figure out you aren't motivated to figure it out.

In other news I'm probably going to fire up Just Cause 2 this evening. I saw a trailer for Just Cause 4 and got the itch
All your talk about Stellaris induced me to go look up what all the fuss is about and I have to admit I am intrigued... Although SystemRequirementsLab informs me that my poor compy appears to not be quite cool enough... another excuse to upgrade :D

Would you recommend the Galaxy or Nova Editions? Any of the other expansion packs? I mostly concerned about downloading a bunch of BS that I wont ever use. I am excited to try it out though... It just looks like the kind of game I'm bound to enjoy... plus the vizzies look spectacular.:eek:

I know that you were asking Lex, but I would ignore the Galaxy and Nova editions as a waste of money (just a bunch of meaningless crap included in them). Just go for the basic game and the DLC.

I know that you were asking Lex, but I would ignore the Galaxy and Nova editions as a waste of money (just a bunch of meaningless crap included in them). Just go for the basic game and the DLC.

I endorse this answer - the Galaxy and Nova additions have shiny accouterments, not extra in-game content. I picked up the game and DLC on sale for half price, and I intend to wait until the latest DLC goes on sale to get it. The X-packs are basically all worth getting. I'd suck it up and get them at full price if I knew they never went on sale.

There were a extra couple of species that came in the pre-order version, but I think that you can buy them separately anyway.

Y'all made me give another go to Stellaris.
Consider this your good deed of the day.

I haven't played it for a while, but I started a game of Stellaris last night and quickly realized why it was so frustrating. With all of the patches, the rules and functions keep changing.

One thing that hasn't changed, though. The %$#%$#@ pirates!! I'm getting stomped! [pissed]

I guess I'll finally play Stellaris for the first time after I'm finished with Sudden Strike 4.

I had to stop playing Titan Quest. Sweet christ is that game repetitive. I really thought the Greek Gods leaving would be the end but nope. It just kept going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom