1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Video Games have you been playing I: My Muffintop Expands!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by hobbsyoyo, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

So, let's talk about video games that you have been playing recently. It'll work the same as the music and movies threads.

The newish game that I played last night is Epic Mickey 2 for Nintendo Wii. I bought it on a whim yesterday because I wanted something to play with my wife and it says it's two-player.

It's a lot of fun, the only real issue that I have with it is that the splitscreen is split vertically instead of horizontally and you can't change this. This, coupled with the fact that my Wii shows up in 4:3 format on my widescreen means there is a ton of empty space on the screen and everything is crammed into an awkward visual field. That alone takes some fun out of it.

However, it's very creative and fun and I really enjoy the way it forces the two players to work together to accomplish stuff. It also has really cool cartoon cut scenes and it's a partial musical, so you're essentially playing through a Disney animated movie if you are into that kind of stuff.

For a relaxing, easy-to-get-into 2 player experience, I highly recommend it.

2. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

I have almost 100 hours into Crusader Kings II, even though I haven't played it since August.

I've been sinking a lot of time into NBA 2K13 on my PS3, lately. Phenomenal game.

I'm waiting for my new laptop to arrive in the mail, after which I plan on getting a few new games. XCOM, FTL, Torchlight II, (and I can finally play games I already have like Dota 2 and Toy Soldiers).

3. NickyJ

NickyJ Retired Narrator

Battle for Wesnoth, a free turn-based strategy game. The closest game I can compare it to is a battle-centered Civilization. It's really a fun game, not to mention having good synthesized music for something that's free.

4. Tahuti

Tahuti Writing Deity

Lately, I've been primarily been playing EU III, Borderlands and the latest Hitman.

5. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

I'm been playing Half-Life 2. But I am stuck in the Ravenholm chapter because it is very dark and headcrab zombies keep appearing everywhere.

6. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

I've been doing a bit of Crusader Kings II here and there. Most of my playtime though has been devoted to replaying Oblivion WITH MODS, and a bit of Skyrim WITH MORE MODS. Because mods are cool, when used in moderation.

7. Phrossack

Phrossack Armored Fish and Armored Men

There's a mod for Mount and Blade: Warband called 1257AD. It is glorious. I've been playing it a lot.

8. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Should I play the Omega DLC for Mass Effect 3 or Kerbal Space Program today?

9. CELTICEMPIRE

CELTICEMPIRE Zulu Conqueror

Empire: Total War, playing as Russia and I recently destroyed the Ottomans.

10. Crezth

Crezth 話說天下大勢分久必合合久必分

That's why you turn the gamma all the way up when you get to that chapter.

My heart says omega DLC but my brain says KSP. :(

I've been playing a lot of DotA 2 in my offtime. It is fun game.

11. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

Well I turned on mat_fullbright 1 but then everything looked kind of ugly and it felt like cheating to do that.

12. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

I have never heard of DotA 2.

I ended up playing Omega but 5 minutes in got bored because I've done all this before. Now I'm bashing my head in KSP because I can't get a single spaceplane to fly. It's insanely difficult. :mad:

13. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Trekkie At Large

Lately, I'm playing..
    - Sid Meier's Pirates!
    - The Sims 2
    and, for my nephew, Vice City. He has a saved game on my machine, and I've been getting the hidden packages, extra health and extra body armor for him.

14. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Is Vice City the one set in Miami?

If so, I loved that one (only GTA I have) but I could never get past the insane motorcycle chase level. That one sucked and was so hard I just stopped trying and playing the game altogether.

15. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

Fallout 3 ... Why it is always America ??!! Other nations probably are to dumb ! xD

16. LamaGT

LamaGT Emperor

Right now I'm playing my good old Empire: Total War with DMUC 6.9 IIRC. Trying to make Portugal the dominator of India on VH/H, and so far it's been fairly difficult. I spent the first 15 years defending Goa from Mysore, the Marathas and the Dutch and building up my Sepoy army. Right now (1735) I finally killed off Mysore and luckily the Marathas have pretty much won over the Mughals, which makes their key cities very close to my border, plus they don't really use melee troops so that my superior troops can kill them.

17. downtown

downtown Crafternoon Delight

I just finished my second play through of ME2 with a few of the downloadable add-ons, and am just starting ME3 again. I may also play a little NBA 2K12, now that I'm fully enthralled in basketball season again.

18. imperialman

imperialman Admiral

Empire: Total War, playing as Great Britain and I recently destroyed the Ottomans.

19. CivCube

CivCube Resist.

Mostly TF2 with a little bit of Far Cry 1. I'll jump into The Secret World every now and then for roleplaying events with my guild.

20. IdiotsOpposite

IdiotsOpposite Boom, headshot.

Civilization IV (still), League of Legends, and my favorite video game series, Touhou Project. Oh shut up, you know you like it too. Difficult-as-hell bullet hell games, extremely technical fighters, Touhou Project is an all-around great video game series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.