1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Video Games have you been playing II: Have you finished that backlog?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SS-18 ICBM, Feb 11, 2014.

1. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

What Video Games have you been playing I: My Muffintop Expands!

Talk about video games you have played recently. And seriously, go play those games that have been waiting on your shelf or device memory.

After I rescue Tandi I'm heading off to Junktown.

Yeah, definitely have some ideas for new characters. I heard 10 Luck + Jinxed is very amusing, might combine that with being the bad character that steals stuff. Definitely need to play a low Intelligence character, probably make them the one who solves their problems with fists.

2. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

Funnily enough I've only just gotten the Mass Effect Trilogy, I'm liking ME1 though I'm hoping some of the flaws will be fixed in 2 and 3. People complain about the Mako and it irritates me too but whenever I send a Husk flying across the field like a hockey puck off a cliff and kill it I can't hate it.

3. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

ME1 is a lot rougher around the edges than the latter two, but it's still a great game.

4. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

Good man!
    Killian Darkwater FTW! Watch out for that guy.
    10 luck + Jinxed… awww yeah!

Low Intelligence… dumb speak you like.

5. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Hawks4life

I'm on level 9 (for all practical purposes the last level) of killzone shadow fall. Once I beat it I'm going to take a video game break.

6. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Spicy horses shutdowns Akaneiro instead to work on there other game The gate.
    So that piped my interest to try it out, what is casual character battler game, amusing for a few hours, but apparently this is Spicy horse most profitable game.
    4/10

Dog of War: Steam tactical turn based squad game
    Borderline progress quest game play, instant uninstall
    2/10

Hearthstone
    Polished, but not enough here to keep my interest. After a few hours of playing no longer interest me. I think Blizzard should have added more special cards for different characters, as it is to many same cards and combos. Will revisit when it has more content.
    6/10

7. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

Ooh, new thread!
    I've been playing Silent Storm with a new, Italian character. The voices. Dear god, the voices.

I'd reccommend the game to anyone purely on the hilarious voice acting alone.

8. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Are the voices worse than in Two Worlds? Those were really diabolical.

Edit: If anyone owns a Mac, I have several Mac games available on Gamer's Gate if you want them.

9. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

Link to video.
    Watch that. In half an hour you have the finest stereotypical voice acting.
    EDIT: or in case you don't feel like watching it...
    "ZEY SCHOTT UNT KILLT ZE GUARD!"

10. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Blackpilled Idealist

I recently got Castlevania - Lords of Shadow in a fit of nostalgia and curiosity to see what has become of the series (and it was on sale for 6 bucks). I've only played an hour so far, but it looks beautiful and is a lot of fun. The only downside is that it's one of those PC ports where the programmers seem to have forgotten that every PC has this thing called a 'mouse'. Although I think I'll be able to get used to keyboard only controls, navigating the menus in this fashion is a bit annoying.

11. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The trees are actually quite lovely.

I love it when a game manages to pull off the silent protagonist. The feel is perfect too, because you, like your character, are lost, confused, frustrated, and eventually paranoid enough to make your default behavior "kill" with erratas to that being unusual. Then, as the light dims in this dying world you are left to wonder if the impact, such as you make it, is actually making anything better, or if you are crushing out the few points of beauty left?

12. Light Cleric

Yeah, I really do like it. My biggest complaint so far honestly is the Mako but it's less the Mako itself but the long, boring ass driving sequences across empty terrain to go play Simon Says on a crashed probe or something. I like the characters and the actual detail behind the sidequests and the main quest(I just did Feros a little while ago).

13. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Yeah, using the Mako to drive to the same copy-pasted bad guy hideout and eliminate them gets tedious after awhile.

14. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I got my roommate into Terraria finally.. He's a video game freak and keeps figuring new stuff out. So now the house we have on our huge map is huge itself and we're in hardmode.

15. Chukchi Husky

Chukchi Husky Lone Wolf

I guess I should just post this. The Backloggery is a site that can help in keeping track of game progress in a person's game collection.

16. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Finally finished Dragon Age: Origins. Still playing Hearthstone. Revisiting Torchlight II.

17. Light Cleric

I should play some more TL2 at some point. A bunch of my friends and I tried to play it at once, but some of them aren't big fans of those types of games, and Torchlight II really has an ridiculous tendency to become a colossal mess when you have like 5 people doing crap in a place with a bunch of enemies. We fought through the one temple area with all the dividing ooozes and hoooooooollly god there were so many particle effects lol.

18. really

really Deity

I've given Sim City another go recently and it seems better behaved now. No long waits and no crashes.

I'm getting a bit more out of the game by building a region and trading / specializing.
    Not a brilliant game but not as bad I originally thought.

Have Far Cry 3? in backlog for over a year now.

19. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The trees are actually quite lovely.

Briefly swinging back through Norrath in the form of EverQuest.

20. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Are you alone in that simcity region or are there other players? Besides the terrible crashes abd bugs the multiplayer aspect turned me off a lot. Well, actually, I aas also turned off by the small city size and inability to terraform and... Never mind, I'll just go back to simcity 4 at this rate.