What video games have you been playing III: You're gonna need a bigger boat.

I trampled over everyone in my Georgia Tech dynasty in NCAA Football 12. The option is ridiculous in that game.

I trampled over everyone in my Georgia Tech dynasty in NCAA Football 12. The option is ridiculous in that game.

It's rough playing as UMass because my players are so bad I am struggling against every single opponent. I did pull off and amazing 4th quarter comeback against Alabama though. It was absolutely gross. I was losing 52-6 going into the 4th and I ended up winning 62-55. That's right, I managed to outscore Alabama 56-3 in the 4th. It came from the fact that I got 6 onside kicks in a row, a pick-6 and a fumble recovery that ended in a touchdown drive.

I saved the highlights from the game and I never plan on deleting them.

I did a Central Michigan dynasty once (didn't get too far), but IIRC my solution to the lack of talent was to run a pro offense with a lot of short passes and dinked and dunked my way up the field. Defense was a nightmare though.

I did a Central Michigan dynasty once (didn't get too far), but IIRC my solution to the lack of talent was to run a pro offense with a lot of short passes and dinked and dunked my way up the field. Defense was a nightmare though.

The last dynasty I did before UMass was Air Force. The best I did with them was get to the Rose Bowl in my second season. I beat Nebraska in the Rose Bowl to cap off an undefeated season.

That reminds me of how horrendous the ranking system is in that game. It is unbelievably awful.

And how random the game is. I mean I understand allowing upsets to occur otherwise the game wouldn't be that much fun, but when the national championship game is SMU and Vanderbilt (an actual national championship game in my dynasty) there is a problem with the game.

Dunno if anyone here has played it, but...

Early Access game The Long Dark moves over 250,000 digital units in four months

Spoiler :
VG 24/7 said:
Early Access game The Long Dark moves over 250,000 digital units in four months

Thursday, 15 January 2015 16:55 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Long Dark from Hinterland Studio has sold over 250,000 copies since entering Steam Early Access in September.

The Vancouver Island-based independent developer announced the news this morning, stating the figure will allow the studio to “achieve its ambitions for the upcoming story mode.”

“Our goal with The Long Dark was to create a very different type of experience – an artistic survival game – and we were prepared for the game to be quite niche as a result,” said studio creative director Raphael Van Lierop in the press release.

“Thinking that a quarter of a million people have embraced our vision, even in this early state – something we’ve put forward without compromise – is extremely rewarding. And we’re just getting started.”

New content as been continuously added to the Early Access version, with 20 updates at present and the story mode is currently in development.

The next game update will nearly double the size of The Long Dark, and it will be released later this month.

An infographic providing some insight into player habits has been released, and we’ve posted it below.

I've played long dark. It has potential to be a good game but the state its in right now is kinda boring. After balance changes and more content update though it shoud be awesome.

I've played long dark. It has potential to be a good game but the state its in right now is kinda boring. After balance changes and more content update though it shoud be awesome.
I agree. I played it for about 5 hours and quit so I wouldn't get tired of it. I'll probably have another look when they release the next update, which they say will nearly double the size of the playable area.

What's the Long Dark's genre? Horror?
Right now it's purely a survival game. It's an early build that you can buy as a kind of kickstarter-ish early access through Steam. When the Story Mode is released, it sounds like it'll have some mystery elements, as your character tries to figure out what the frack is going on. There's mention of some kind of "geomagnetic event", whatever that might mean. Solar flare? Microwave burst? EMP?

Battle for Westnoth is strangely… addicting.
Aaaaarrrgghhh!!! Not merely addicting. Moar, moar, moar! Instead of one more turn syndrome, it's one more hour syndrome! Merfolk sorcerers, elvish horse archers, human knights, long-haired swordmaidens, druids of the forest, never enough of any to fight the incoming orcs, necromancers and the evil queen! For the Kingdom and the Gods!
Oh. So it's not nuclear war.

I might be a bit obsessed.
Hexagon-combat-based games can be quite… disturbingly addictive. See above.

Hexagon-combat-based games can be quite… disturbingly addictive. See above.

Hmm. No. I prefer the ones in which you can close into your enemy, then destroy their internal organs via crosses delivered by a power fist.

The power of an enchanted trident, used when fighting the Orcs, is… compelling.

I love it when I discover little things in the Oblivion world I never noticed before. For instance I just discovered a skeleton lying near a fort I never saw before.

How many hours have you guys sunk into your most played games?[/SPOILER]

Things with greater than 10 hours only as my Steam library is littered with jank I bought for 5 bucks and only played for like an hour:

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition: 24 hours
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition: 14 hours
Borderlands: 22 hours
Deus Ex: HUman Revolution: 89 Hours
Divinity: Original Sin: 44 hours
Dungeon Defenders: 75 hours
Skyrim: 742 hours
Endless Legend: 29 hours
Endless SPace: 75 hours
Europa Universalis 4: 137 hours
Fallout Tactics: 32 hours
Fallout New Vegas: 310 hours
FTL: 98 hours
Kingdoms of Amalur: 18 hours
Magic 2014: 28 hours
Orcs Must Die 2: 25 hours
Rise of Nations: 17 hours
Shadowrun Returns: 41 hours
Shadowrun Dragonfall Director's Cut: 16 hours
Civ 5: 468 hours
Beyond Earth: 20 hours
System SHock 2: 14 hours
Total War Shogun 2: 13 hours
Warhammer 40K Dawn of War: 11 hours
Warlock 2 The Exiled: 89 hours
Wasteland 2: 31 hours
XCOM Enemy Unknown: 243 hours

Gentlemen, I have wasted my life.

Things I have spent more than 10 hours in, on steam, in order of how it appears in my library
AC: Brotherhood, 38 hours
ACIII, 31 hours
Civ III, 37 hours
Civ V, 215 hours
Fallout 3, 18 hours
Fallout New Vegas, 16 hours
TF2, 101 hours
Mount and Blade Warband, 903 hours
Mount and Blade WFaS, 24 hours
AOE II, 10 hours
Fallen enchantress legendary heroes, 33 hours
KSP, 12 hours
CK2, 212 hours
Darkest Hour, 58 hours
EUII, 259 hours
EUIV, 109 hours
March of the Eagles, 13 hours
SOTS II, 14 hours (sue me!)
Victoria II, 151 hours
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance, 10 hours
Chivalry Medieval Warfare, 18 hours
Morrowind, 37 hours
Oblivion, 97 hours (both normal oblivion and Nehrim)
Skyrim, 216 hours
Empire Total War, 12 hours
Medieval II total war, 14 hours
Rome Total War, 17 hours
Tropico 3 Absolute Power, 25 hours
Tropico 4, 24 hours
Just Cause 2, 47 hours
Terraria, 11 hours
yeah where's my life gone
EDIT: that's almost 116 days of my life. In vidya. ;_;

My Steam library hosts a few games I have actually played, a bunch of games I bought on sale and never played and a large selection of games I got in the Humble charity bundles and will likely never be played. I also play off Steam as much as possible, so it does not (of course) count the (probably) over a thousand hours I have devoted to Elder Scrolls games over the years.

That said, I have 73 hours with Beyond Earth (my flatmate), 13 hours so far with the Blackwell point-and-click series, 449 hours with Skyrim (my flatmate and I), just 65 hours recorded on CK II and EU IV, 13 hours with XCOM: Enemy Unknown and 18 with Game Dev Tycoon.

How many hours have you guys sunk into your most played games? Here's my list (PC only):

Spoiler :
Crusader Kings 2
193 hrs

NBA 2K14
183 hrs

FIFA Soccer 13
148 hrs

Sid Meier's Civilization V
127 hrs

Mass Effect 2
81 hrs

Dragon Age: Inquisition
80 hrs

Mass Effect
79 hrs

Fallout: New Vegas
73 hrs

Mass Effect 3
71 hrs

Dragon Age: Origins
55 hrs

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
43 hrs

The Binding of Isaac
40 hrs

Far Cry 3
34 hrs

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
31 hrs

Dragon Age II
31 hrs

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
29 hrs

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
27 hrs

The Witcher 2
24 hrs

Fallout 3
23 hrs

Alpha Protocol
22 hrs

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
21 hrs

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
20 hrs

Saints Row: The Third
17.3 hrs

Game Dev Tycoon
16 hrs

Tochlight II
15.8 hrs

Sleeping Dogs
15.6 hrs

The Walking Dead
13.6 hrs

Endless Space
13 hrs

Mount & Blade: Warband
12.7 hrs

Batman: Arkham City
12.6 hrs

Batman: Arkham Origins
12.5 hrs

Dishonored
12.4 hrs

South Park: The Stick of Truth
12.2 hrs

Tomb Raider
11.2 hrs

Batman: Arkham Asylum
12.6 hrs

Portal 2
10.2 hrs

BioShock Infinite
9.5 hrs

Skyrim
9.2 hrs

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
8.7 hrs

Dark Souls
8.1 hrs

FTL: Faster Than Light
8 hrs

Bastion
7.5 hrs

Shadowrun Returns
6.9 hrs

The Witcher
6.6 hrs

Spec Ops: The Line
6.4 hrs

I doubt anyone's still reading at this point, but I'll go ahead and stop here anyways before the list gets even more ridiculous. Some other games would be on this list if I knew my playtime.

Not even one game with 200 hours? What are you, some sort of filthy casual?

I have...

1760 hours in Civ5
500 hours in Counter Strike: Source (plus at least 2k more before that was recorded)
150 in CS:GO
130 in TF2
100 in Skyrim

plus god knows how many hours in Civ4, TF2, HoN that aren't counted by Steam.

I'm playing call to power 2 again!

Best Civ that's not Civ ever.

Top Bottom